Quantcast
Connect with us

UK police investigating cause of “minor explosion” at underground station in London

Published

on

British police said on Tuesday they were investigating the cause of a “minor explosion” at Southgate underground station in north London and were advising people to avoid the area.

“Enquires are ongoing to establish the cause of a reported minor explosion,” the Metropolitan Police said on Twitter. “We are not aware of any serious injury.”

Reporting By Andrew MacAskill; Editing by Gareth Jones

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump is already making up conspiracy theories about voter fraud — and it’ll only get worse

Published

on

The election is eight months away, but President Donald Trump is already crying foul.

Bloomberg News wrote Sunday that Trump is already working to undermine the American electoral process by attacking the Democratic presidential primary.

"Indeed, his campaign, with the full support of the Republican Party, is already waging a vigorous crusade to destroy his opposition. No, it's not Joe Biden, who inspired Trump's shakedown of Ukraine. Trump's gunning for bigger game: democracy itself," wrote Francis Wilkinson for Bloomberg.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

READ IT: More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials tell Bill Barr to resign now

Published

on

More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials called on Attorney General William P. Barr on Sunday to step down after he intervened last week to lower the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for President Trump’s longtime friend and political crony Roger J. Stone Jr.

“It is unheard of for the Department’s top leaders to overrule line prosecutors, who are following established policies, in order to give preferential treatment to a close associate of the President, as Attorney General Barr did in the Stone case,” wrote the former Justice Department attorneys in their Sunday letter. “It is even more outrageous for the Attorney General to intervene as he did here — after the President publicly condemned the sentencing recommendation that line prosecutors had already filed in court.”

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump campaign forced to delete #Daytona500 Air Force One photo because it was from 15 years ago

Published

on

Air Force One in flight.

Another oops moment happened for President Donald Trump's campaign manager stole George W. Bush's photo from the Daytona 500 in 2004.

Tweeting Sunday, Brad Parscale proclaimed, "[email protected] won the #Daytona500 before the race even started."

Except, it wasn't him. As many people pointed out, the image was from 16 years ago by photographer Jonathan Ferrey, CNN reported. Parscale was forced to delete it and tweet it out again with an underwhelming photo.

Continue Reading
 
 
close-image