Despite costing $100 million and taking tax credits from a nearby town, the Noah’s Ark-themed “Ark Encounter” attraction in Kentucky appeared empty during peak tourist season in a visitor’s video.
Hemant Mehta at The Friendly Atheist reported Monday that a video posted by drone-owning YouTuber Ken Heron shows the nearly-deserted Christian theme park. It was recorded on Sunday, June 3, a time that Mehta noted should be “a day of peak attendance.”
Ken Ham, the Ark Encounter’s creationist founder who once blamed the town housing the theme park for its low attendance numbers, posted about the attraction’s “thousands” of daily visitors on June 6 — but Mehta noted that Heron’s video appears to prove otherwise.
Thrilling to see people of all ages & backgrounds pouring into the Creation Museum @CreationMuseum as thousands visit daily. Visitors come from across the USA & around the world to visit this world class attraction. The vital Christian message impacting lives & culture. pic.twitter.com/zKIwJHCQQA
— Ken Ham (@aigkenham) June 6, 2018
At one point, Heron is heard yelling “Ark! Ark! Ark!” as he ran up to the park’s entrance gates — but there appeared to be nobody around them both in the foreground or in the distance.
You can watch video of Heron’s lonely tour at the Ark Encounter below.
Dutch man arrested for ‘Black Pete’ suicide bomb threat
Dutch police have arrested a man who threatened in a social media post to blow himself up over plans to sideline "Black Pete", a Christmas-time character provoking accusations of racist stereotyping.
The arrest is the latest controversy over the country's traditional Saint Nicholas side kick, portrayed in winter parades and by many Dutch children with a black face, thick red lips, woolly hair and a golden earring.
"A 49-year-old man from The Hague was arrested Monday afternoon after he threatened to blow himself up in support of the Saint Nicholas tradition," police said in a statement.
Trump’s claim on halting Ukraine aid contradicted by Pentagon official Laura Cooper
According to a new report from The Daily Beast, after the Pentagon's June announcement that it would give Ukraine $250 million in aid, Defense Department officials received a list of questions, seemingly originating from President Trump, seeking information about the aid.
“We got a question from my chain of command forwarded down from the chief of staff, I believe, from the Department of Defense, asking for a follow-up on a meeting with the President,” top Pentagon official Laura Cooper testified on Capitol Hill last month. “The way the email was phrased, it said follow-up from POTUS meeting, so follow-up from a meeting with the President. So, you know, I'm thinking that the questions were probably questions from the President. That's how I interpreted that subject line.”
Kellyanne Conway snaps after Fox News host mentions Adam Schiff
On Fox News Tuesday, anchor Bill Hemmer asked White House counselor Kellyanne Conway about the impeachment hearings — and she lost her temper as soon as he brought up House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA).
"How concerned is the president over these hearings?" asked Hemmer.
"The president is not concerned at all," said Conway. "The business of the people of this country is not being done ... the Capitol behind me is not a movie set, it is not a cardboard cutout. It’s where your representatives work for you, wasting your money and their time."
"Just to come back to this, I am told that Adam Schiff delivers the opening statement tomorrow," said Hemmer.