Quantcast
Connect with us

‘Trump has got a real problem’: John Dean explains to CNN’s Tapper why McGahn could take down the president

Published

on

On Monday, the former Richard Nixon White House counsel John Dean told CNN’s Jake Tapper how Trump’s White House counsel could take him down.

For the past nine months, Don McGahn has cooperated with special counsel Robert Mueller. President Trump lashed out on Twitter and called Dean a “rat” and said that McGahn was nothing like him.

“The failing @nytimes wrote a Fake piece today implying that because White House Councel Don McGahn was giving hours of testimony to the Special Councel, he must be a John Dean type ‘RAT.’ But I allowed him and all others to testify – I didn’t have to,” President Trump wrote on Twitter. [sic]

Dean told Tapper that President Trump’s tweet only proved that he doesn’t understand what is really going on.

“I’m not surprised. He thrives on insulting people. This is typical Trump. It’s also evidence that he doesn’t really understand what happened back then,” Dean said.

He added, “This is an invaluable witness. He’s a real-time witness. You can infer from that article that he might have been actually testifying very shortly after the events when they were fresh in his memory. He had knowledge of them.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“He had been asked to do things that were not proper. He knew why he was being asked. He resisted. He resisted. So, this is pretty important testimony, and it’s taken Trump 48 hours almost to understand what’s going on here.”

According to reports, McGahn testified for more than 30 hours with Mueller’s team.

“I think that’s a lot of testimony. That’s a lot of visiting and that’s just the bottom of what they know. It could well have appeared to have been ongoing. So, I think Trump has got a real problem here. And I’m not sure how he’s going to handle it.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch the clip below via CNN.


Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Former Fox & Friends co-host Clayton Morris flees the US as he faces two dozen lawsuits

Published

on

Facing more than two-dozen lawsuits alleging he committed real estate fraud, former "Fox & Friends Weekend" co-host Clayton Morris has reportedly fled the United States, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Morris, who previously resided in a $1.4 million home in New Jersey, moved his family to a coastal resort town in Portugal, the newspaper reported, citing a Facebook post from his wife.

Morris's wife and business partner, former MSNBC anchor Natali Morris, told the IndyStar that she and her husband plan to continue fighting the lawsuits from abroad.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump defenders argued his latest tweets weren’t really racist — but he just completely undercut their arguments

Published

on

Donald Trump in coal helmet thumbs up

If you try to defend President Donald Trump, you will always end up having the rug pulled out from underneath you. It's a law of nature.

And yet, so many of the president's allies have failed to learn this simple lesson. So when Trump launched a new attack at progressive Democratic lawmakers that was one of his most obviously racist smears, inevitably, some of his defenders tried to deny the obvious truth.

His screed attacked a group of women who have come to define the left wing of the Democratic caucus, which includes Reps. Ilhan Omar (MN), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), Rashida Talib (MI), and Ayanna Pressley (MA). Though only Omar is an immigrant (she was a refugee from Somalia as a child), Trump seemed to assume all four women of color weren't born in the United States, and most egregiously, he suggested they should "go back" to other countries:

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

UK prime minister hopefuls slam Trump tweets — but refuse to call them racist

Published

on

The two candidates vying to become Britain's next prime minister both condemned on Monday US President Donald Trump's xenophobic tweets about progressive Democrat congresswomen as "totally offensive" and "totally unacceptable".

But front-runner Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt refused to call the tweets racist when pressed to do so during their last debate before next week's announcement of who will succeed Prime Minister Theresa May.

May's spokesman had earlier said that the outgoing leader's view was that Trump's comments were "completely unacceptable".

On Monday Trump doubled down on a series of his tweets from the day before urging the four congresswomen of colour to "go back" to the countries they came from.

Continue Reading
 
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

close-image