Quantcast
Connect with us

Judge sets November trial for Trump adviser Stone

Published

on

A federal judge on Thursday set a criminal trial for U.S. President Donald Trump’s former adviser Roger Stone for Nov. 5, and cautioned the Republican political operative that he needed to comply with a gag order.

Stone, a self-proclaimed political “dirty trickster,” pleaded not guilty on Jan. 29 to lying to Congress, obstructing an official proceeding and witness tampering. Those charges were brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team in its probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

ADVERTISEMENT

Stone is a longtime Trump ally who advised his campaign.

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson had previously tightened a gag order limiting Stone’s public comments on the case after he posted a photo of her on his Instagram account next to an image resembling the crosshairs of a gun.

That order still stands, she told Stone at Thursday’s hearing on the case, but he must follow it. “I expect compliance,” Jackson said.

(Reporting by Andy Sullivan and Sarah N. Lynch; Writing by Susan Heavey; Editing by Doina Chiacu and Alistair Bell)

ADVERTISEMENT

Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

READ IT: More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials tell Bill Barr to resign now

Published

on

More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials called on Attorney General William P. Barr on Sunday to step down after he intervened last week to lower the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for President Trump’s longtime friend and political crony Roger J. Stone Jr.

“It is unheard of for the Department’s top leaders to overrule line prosecutors, who are following established policies, in order to give preferential treatment to a close associate of the President, as Attorney General Barr did in the Stone case,” wrote the former Justice Department attorneys in their Sunday letter. “It is even more outrageous for the Attorney General to intervene as he did here — after the President publicly condemned the sentencing recommendation that line prosecutors had already filed in court.”

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump campaign forced to delete #Daytona500 Air Force One photo because it was from 15 years ago

Published

on

Air Force One in flight.

Another oops moment happened for President Donald Trump's campaign manager stole George W. Bush's photo from the Daytona 500 in 2004.

Tweeting Sunday, Brad Parscale proclaimed, "[email protected] won the #Daytona500 before the race even started."

Except, it wasn't him. As many people pointed out, the image was from 16 years ago by photographer Jonathan Ferrey, CNN reported. Parscale was forced to delete it and tweet it out again with an underwhelming photo.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

‘America — y’all gotta wake up’: MSNBC panel cracks up laughing at Trump bizarre claims about the border wall

Published

on

Last month, President Donald Trump's border wall collapsed due to weather problems. A new decision was made that in certain areas, Trump's wall must be a kind of "gate" that will remain open during months known for heavy flooding.

After weeks of ignoring the news, Trump finally found something to say about the catastrophe during a press conference where he rambled about different ways that people have tried to get drugs over the wall using a sling-shot.

Continue Reading
 
 
close-image