Quantcast
Connect with us

Kushner ally Crown Prince Salman led a brutal campaign of torture against Saudi dissidents: report

Published

on

A New York Times report from over the weekend claims that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia has been engaged in a major crackdown of his political foes that includes multiple instances of kidnapping and torturing dissidents.

The report, which was based on the accounts of two U.S. officials who have read U.S. intelligence analyses of the Saudi government, claims that the kingdom has taken on at least a dozen operations against dissidents over the past two years, and that most of them took place before the brutal killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

In many cases, Saudi operatives kidnapped Saudi women’s rights activists who were living abroad and brought them back to the kingdom so they could be tortured and threatened with rape.

Saudi Arabia has denied that the crown prince ordered any such operations and it has told the New York Times that it “takes any allegations of ill-treatment of defendants awaiting trial or prisoners serving their sentences very seriously.”

The crown prince is an ally of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, who has worked to cultivate ties with the Saudi government ever since becoming a top White House adviser in 2017.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Dr. Anthony Fauci given Secret Service protection after threats and ‘fervent admirers’

Published

on

Dr. Anthony Fauci was nothing more than a run-of-the-mill infectious-diseases expert at the National Institute of Health until the coronavirus hit and he was brought into the task force. Now he's getting threats against his life.

Americans might be dodging the contagious COVID-19 but Dr. Fauci is facing an additional threat, the Washington Post reported Wednesday. As a result, he's been giving security protection while he's trying to save lives.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump blows up at Fox News reporter for asking him about disbanding pandemic team

Published

on

On Wednesday, President Donald Trump lost his temper at a coronavirus press briefing when Fox News correspondent John Roberts asked him about his administration disbanding the pandemic response team.

"We didn't do that. That turned out to be a false story," said Trump. (It is not a false story.) "Now you're starting to go — are you working for CNN?"

"I'm pointing out what they have said and what you have said, that's all," said Roberts.

"Fox isn't so easy either, don't kid yourself," whined Trump. "Look, John, let me tell you something. You know that's a false story. What you just said is a false story, this doctor knows it better than anybody ... you shouldn't be repeating a story that you know is false."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

More than 1 in 5 ventilators in federal government stockpile is holding for emergencies don’t work

Published

on

As the coronavirus is raging through the United States, President Donald Trump has begun releasing personal protective equipment from federal stockpiles as well as much-needed ventilators. Unfortunately, however, one in five ventilators from the government don't work.

The New York Times reported Wednesday that there are 10,000 ventilators that the government is holding back for the next wave of the emergency.

"But what federal officials have neglected to mention is that more than 2,000 of the lifesaving devices are unavailable after the contract to maintain the government’s stockpile lapsed late last summer, and a contracting dispute meant that a new firm did not begin its work until late January. By then, the coronavirus crisis was already underway."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image