Quantcast
Connect with us

Former Pope Benedict blames the 1960’s sexual revolution and ‘homosexual cliques’ for priests’ rampant child sex abuse

Published

on

Former Pope Benedict XVI has emerged from years of relative silence to declare that the “sexual revolution” of the 1960’s, “homosexual cliques” inside seminaries, and a societal collapse in morality are to blame for the Catholic Church’s decades-long international scandal of priests raping children.

Before becoming Pope Benedict he was Cardinal Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, the Vatican’s man in charge of managing the growing revelations of the Catholic Church’s child sexual abuse scandal. Ratzinger has been accused of personally making decisions to not punish priests who raped young and teen boys but to ship them off to other dioceses, where they often committed their crimes on an entirely new population.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Why did pedophilia reach such proportions?” Benedict asks in his expansive, 6000 word letter, as The Washington Post reports. “Ultimately, the reason is the absence of God,” he answers.

The Post notes that Benedict “laments the secularization of the West and describes seminaries filled with ‘homosexual cliques.'”

He “devoted the first third of his letter to changes in society and inside the church beginning in the 1960s that gave rise to an ‘all-out sexual freedom.’ He wrote that Catholic moral theology ‘suffered a collapse’ of its own during a period of major reforms.”

Benedict also wrote that the sexual revolution of the ’60’s enabled pedophilia to be “diagnosed as allowed and appropriate.”

The former pope, now titled Pope Emeritus, did not blame himself or his actions for enabling the sexual and emotional abuse of countless thousands – or more – of children.

ADVERTISEMENT

The response by many noted theologians can be summed up by Brian Flanagan, professor of theology at Marymount University in Virginia, who Reuters cites in its reporting:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

COVID-19

Covid-19: No new death toll published but hospitalisations continue to fall in France

Published

on

Continue Reading

COVID-19

NBA great Patrick Ewing out of hospital after being diagnosed with COVID-19

Published

on

NBA great Patrick Ewing has left hospital and is recovering at home after being diagnosed with COVID-19, his son said on Monday.

The 57-year-old Hall-of-Famer was hospitalized last week after announcing he had tested positive for the coronavirus.

However the former New York Knicks star and current Georgetown University coach is now on the mend at home, his son Patrick Ewing Jr. said on Twitter.

"I want to thank all of the doctors and hospital staff for taking care of my father during his stay, as well as everyone who has reached out with thoughts and prayers to us since his diagnosis," Ewing Jr. wrote.

Continue Reading
 

Activism

Video catches woman in Central Park falsely reporting ‘an African-American man threatening my life’

Published

on

A video circulated on social media on Monday showed a woman in Central Park falsely claiming that an "African-American man" threatened her life.

The incident was said to occur between a man and a white woman over the Memorial Day weekend. Cell phone video shared on Twitter revealed a verbal confrontation as the woman was exercising her dog without a leash.

After the man asked the woman to put her dog on a leash, he took out his phone to film her.

"Please stop," the woman says. "Sir, I'm asking you to stop recording me."

"Please don't come close to me," the man replies.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image