Legendary writer Fran Lebowitz slammed two presidential candidates for being too old to lead America during a Friday appearance on HBO’s “Real Time” with Bill Maher.
Lebowitz, 68, dismissed the campaigns of former Vice President Joe Biden, 76, and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), 77. President Donald Trump is 72-years-old.
“They’re both way too old to be the president,” Lebowitz said, to applause.
The host turned to his audience and shouted for them to, “Shut the f*ck up.”
“F*ck you,” he added.
But Lebowitz held her ground, explaining why she thought the president should be in their fifties.
“These guys are too old to drive,” Lebowitz said.
Demand grows for Pete Buttigieg to come clean about his time at ‘corporate greed machine’ McKinsey
"The political risk is not that his former employer, a multibillion-dollar corporate entity that promotes fraud across the globe, will be mad at him. It's what he would have to disclose."
Days after reports surfaced about the global consulting firm McKinsey's work advising the Trump administration on immigration policy, calls are growing louder for South Bend, Indiana mayor and 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg to disclose details about the work he did for the company.
Deutsche Bank busted in money-laundering scheme case
Prosectors in Frankfurt have dropped their investigation into two Deutsche Bank employees who were accused of aiding tax evasion schemes in the Virgin Islands, due to "lack of suspicion." The institution has instead been fined for compliance lapses.
“With the closure of these proceedings it is clear that the prosecutors have not found any instances of criminal misconduct on the part of Deutsche Bank employees following the raid of our Frankfurt office in November 2018,” Deutsche Bank spokesman Joerg Eigendorf said in a statement.
“The investigation that has now been closed due to lack of sufficient suspicion had a heavy impact on Deutsche Bank last year,” he added. “It is true that the bank had weaknesses in its control environment in the past. We identified these weaknesses and we have addressed them in a disciplined manner.”
North Carolina towns forced to cancel Christmas celebrations over fear of violence from right wing extremist groups
Two North Carolina towns are canceling their annual Christmas celebration parades "amid fears of violence due to Confederate groups’ participation in the events," The Daily Beast reports.
Citing a “potential for violence,” for the first time in over 70 years the town of Wake Forest, North Carolina says it will have no Christmas parade. Garner, NC, has also canceled its Christmas parade.
The Daily Beast cites "reports that Garner had plans to include a float sponsored by a chapter of the Sons of Confederate Veterans but said social-media posts led town officials to believe 'the event could be targeted for disruption.'"