A heated exchange between a black man and a Harris County, Texas, police officer has gone viral on social media, prompting the Sheriff’s department to investigate, reports KPRC.
Clarence Evans was throwing a football around with his 6-year-old son, when an officer approached him. He was investigating reports of a stolen dog. But the exchange quickly escalated after the officer accused him of being a fugitive from Louisiana.
The officer asked to see Evans’ ID. Evans refused. From there on the cop repeatedly accused him of being a criminal from Louisiana named Quintin.
“Then, well, let’s just see the ID and we’ll be done,” the deputy said multiple times.
Then the video, shot by Evans’ wife, starts.
“You’ve already called me by three different names!” Evans yells. “My name is not f—–g Quentin!”
“Who are you looking for?” his wife asks.
The officer shows Evans a picture of another man.
“Doesn’t that look like you?” he asks.
“No! That don’t look like me! What the f— is wrong with you?!” Evans responded. “You trying to say because I’ve got dreads, that’s me?!”
He told KPRC that the incident made him extremely uncomfortable.
“I just felt violated,” Evans later told . “Actually, I thought it was a joke at first. I thought it was a prank or something.”
READ IT: More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials tell Bill Barr to resign now
More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials called on Attorney General William P. Barr on Sunday to step down after he intervened last week to lower the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for President Trump’s longtime friend and political crony Roger J. Stone Jr.
“It is unheard of for the Department’s top leaders to overrule line prosecutors, who are following established policies, in order to give preferential treatment to a close associate of the President, as Attorney General Barr did in the Stone case,” wrote the former Justice Department attorneys in their Sunday letter. “It is even more outrageous for the Attorney General to intervene as he did here — after the President publicly condemned the sentencing recommendation that line prosecutors had already filed in court.”
Trump campaign forced to delete #Daytona500 Air Force One photo because it was from 15 years ago
Another oops moment happened for President Donald Trump's campaign manager stole George W. Bush's photo from the Daytona 500 in 2004.
Tweeting Sunday, Brad Parscale proclaimed, "[email protected] won the #Daytona500 before the race even started."
Except, it wasn't him. As many people pointed out, the image was from 16 years ago by photographer Jonathan Ferrey, CNN reported. Parscale was forced to delete it and tweet it out again with an underwhelming photo.
‘America — y’all gotta wake up’: MSNBC panel cracks up laughing at Trump bizarre claims about the border wall
Last month, President Donald Trump's border wall collapsed due to weather problems. A new decision was made that in certain areas, Trump's wall must be a kind of "gate" that will remain open during months known for heavy flooding.
After weeks of ignoring the news, Trump finally found something to say about the catastrophe during a press conference where he rambled about different ways that people have tried to get drugs over the wall using a sling-shot.