Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Latest Headlines

Trump dealt another court blow as Dem official ordered reinstated: 'That we will not do'

A divided appeals court in Washington, D.C., dealt the Trump administration a blow in its quest to oust a Democratic Federal Trade commissioner.

Rebecca Slaughter was fired by President Donald Trump in March, alongside fellow Democratic Commissioner Alvaro Bedoya. The move was widely viewed as unlawful, as the FTC is meant to be an independent agency and its commissioners have removal protections. A federal judge ruled in July that Slaughter’s firing violated federal law and Supreme Court precedent, and mandated she be reinstated to serve out her full term, which runs through September 2029.

Keep reading... Show less

‘A joke’: Trump’s national housing emergency scheme ignites fierce backlash

Secretary of the Treasury Scott Bessent says President Donald Trump may declare a national housing emergency this fall, amid a challenging environment for homebuyers.

“Bessent said housing affordability would be a critical leg of Republicans’ 2026 midterm election platform,” Bloomberg News reports. “Bessent declined to list any specific actions the president may take, but he suggested that administration officials are directly studying ways to standardize local building and zoning codes and decrease closing costs.”

Keep reading... Show less

First tranche of Epstein docs released by House Oversight Committee

The House Oversight Committee on Tuesday released a first tranche of documents related to the Jeffrey Epstein case, one that President Donald Trump has tried to distance himself from for about two months.

The documents include court records related to Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell's appeal of her 2022 conviction for child sex trafficking. Maxwell is currently serving a 20-year sentence and was recently transferred to a low-security prison in Texas after meeting with Trump's Deputy Attorney General, Todd Blanche.

Keep reading... Show less

'Stupid': Trump's 'silly' decision to move Space Command slammed by analysts

President Donald Trump's decision to relocate the headquarters for the U.S. Space Command from Colorado to Alabama on Tuesday was met with fierce criticism.

During a news conference, Trump said Colorado's mail-in voting laws influenced his decision to relocate the agency. "They do mail-in voting, they went to all mail-in voting, so they have automatically crooked elections," he said, baselessly, according to NBC News.

Keep reading... Show less

'Beware!' Trump sends ominous threat after bragging his strike killed 11 'terrorists'

President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday that he issued a military strike on a drug cartel, killing 11 people. Taking to Truth Social after, Trump explained it was a "kinetic strike," which is typically a bullet, bomb, drone, or missile, though there have been political "strikes" for regime change.

Trump claimed that the cartel leaders he killed were "positively identified Tren de Aragua Narcoterrorists." Trump's administration claimed previously that people were in the Tren de Aragua and MS-13 gangs due to their tattoos, like an autism ribbon.

Keep reading... Show less

'Buffoon!' MAGA commentator lobs obscene attack on Tim Walz over remark on Trump's health

Right-wing commentator Scott Jennings blew up on CNN over Gov. Tim Walz (D-MN) leaning into circulating theories that President Donald Trump is in declining health, or had possibly already died — an issue that came to a head when the president was humorously asked about it during an Oval Office gathering on Tuesday.

"I think it speaks to, as well — I mean, Trump has been nonstop since returning into office, so something like this could take hold in the way that it did this past weekend and late last week, because we didn't see the president for a couple of days," said Washington Post reporter Sabrina Rodriguez. "I think the second thing here that's interesting, though, is it sort of flips on its head. We spent much of Biden's presidency hearing Trump supporters, more MAGA influencers, kind of documenting every day, you know, Biden stumbled getting on the plane or he walked a certain way, or he looked a certain way today. And now we're sort of seeing that flipped on its head with Democrats taking that approach."

Keep reading... Show less

'Taking to the streets!' Another massive anti-Trump protest in the works

The organizers behind the anti-Trump "No Kings" demonstrations that saw millions take to the streets earlier this year announced Tuesday their next major protest will take place on Oct. 18.

Following thousands of events nationwide on June 14 that brought millions of people out to decry the actions of President Donald Trump, the announcement for the new date, said organizers in a media alert,

Keep reading... Show less

'Definitely something bad’: Ex-insider says closest Trump allies may be in dark on health

A former Trump administration insider said Tuesday that the president may be keeping some of his closest allies in the dark about his health, including members of his family.

Lev Parnas, who worked as an operative for Trump's 2016 campaign, said on a recent podcast episode of "The Weekend Roundup" on Substack that it's likely several of President Donald Trump's closest advisors don't even know about any health conditions he may be battling. Parnas's comments come at a time when the president's administration is trying to bat down any speculation that Trump is in poor health.

Keep reading... Show less

First batch of Epstein docs could drop as early as tonight

The House Oversight and Reform Committee has received some of the hundreds of thousands of pages of documents around the investigation of accused sex trafficker and molester Jeffrey Epstein — and that first batch could be revealed to the public as soon as Tuesday night.

CNN's Manu Raju posted on X that one person familiar with the situation revealed the committee is expected to release the documents very soon, if not later today.

Keep reading... Show less

'Big worry': Economist warns new bubble about to burst — and Trump may bail out 'grifters'

University of Michigan economics and public policy Professor Justin Wolfers said he has a fear that the cryptocurrency bubble will burst and that President Donald Trump will use taxpayer dollars to help bail out the crypto market, the way the United States did after the mortgage crisis in 2008.

Trump has profited over $5 billion with his own meme coin and is now opposing any regulation of cryptocurrency.

Keep reading... Show less

MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace in awe watching prominent Dem 'take a 2x4' to Trump claims

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson went on a full attack against President Donald Trump on Tuesday as the former warned that it appears federal agents are already staging an effort to invade Chicago the way that has been done with Washington, D.C.

Both Pritzker and Johnson accused Trump of pulling federal resources that aided the city and state's anti-crime programs that were helping communities, effectively defunding the police.

Keep reading... Show less

‘Monsters’: 5 Trump Cabinet members called to face impeachment by top political scientist

One of the top political scientists in America is calling for five of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet secretaries to be impeached, and urging Democrats to adopt a “shadow Cabinet.”

Norman Ornstein, an emeritus scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, writes at “The Contrarian” on Substack that it’s time for Democrats to start impeachment proceedings against the five “monsters” in Trump’s Cabinet who are “causing death and destruction, threatening human lives and safety, destroying the rule of law and undermining American national security.”

Keep reading... Show less

Trump's 'bluster' cost him in latest legal setback: law professor

Donald Trump’s “bluster” about using the National Guard to occupy cities, all of which are governed by Democratic mayors, was a contributing factor in a major legal blow to his administration Tuesday.

Early Tuesday morning, U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer ruled that the administration violated the Posse Comitatus Act for deploying 4,000 National Guard troops and 700 Marines to Los Angeles.

Keep reading... Show less