Questions about Sarah Palin’s faith that deserve to be answered
Attention right wing: if you want to dip back into the tired Rev. Wright brouhaha in your desperation to avoid discussing the economy, please go ahead; that will make it A-OK to move this Palin matter into the spotlight.
Please watch this entire video. It’s about 10 minutes long, and it is an excellent compilation by The American News Project about basic questions that have not been asked of Sarah Palin about her religious beliefs and how her views of the world are colored by it. It would shed light on how she might govern the country if placed in that position.
Christian journalist Chip Berlet is interviewed about the fact that the MSM has not asked Gov. Palin about this, and poses clear questions for her (are you reading, Gwen Ifill?):
1. Do you believe in the anti-Christ?
2. Do you believe we’re living in the end times?
3. Do you believe that Jesus will return in your lifetime?
4. Do you believe that true Christians have to battle Satanic agents in the End Times?
5. Do you see yourself as a warrior for Christ as part of a new Apostolic movement?
All of these are questions that I as a reporter and a Christian want to know about you in terms of the upcoming election.
The video does a good job of illustrating why these particular questions are relevant, given Palin’s comments in the public sphere.