Before going into the swamps, here's another Obama contact who needs an inbox filled. Emmett Beliveau, the executive director/CEO of the Inaugural Committee: 202-203-1715; firstname.lastname@example.org. He has released the official Obama talking points on Rick Warren's selection, so here they are without comment (h/t Karen Ocamb):
* This will be the most open, accessible, and inclusive Inauguration in American history.
* In keeping with the spirit of unity and common purpose this Inauguration will reflect, the President-elect and Vice President-elect have chosen some of the world’s most gifted artists and people with broad appeal to participate in the inaugural ceremonies.
* Pastor Rick Warren has a long history of activism on behalf of the disadvantaged and the downtrodden. He’s devoted his life to performing good works for the poor and leads the evangelical movement in addressing the global HIV/AIDS crisis. In fact, the President-elect recently addressed Rick Warren’s Saddleback Civil Forum on Global Health to salute Warren’s leadership in the struggle against HIV/AIDS and pledge his support to the effort in the years ahead.
* The President-elect disagrees with Pastor Warren on issues that affect the LGBT community. They disagree on other issues as well. But what’s important is that they agree on many issues vital to the pursuit of social justice, including poverty relief and moving toward a sustainable planet; and they share a commitment to renewing America’s promise by expanding opportunity at home and restoring our moral leadership abroad.
* As he’s said again and again, the President-elect is committed to bringing together all sides of the faith discussion in search of common ground. That’s the only way we’ll be able to unite this country with the resolve and common purpose necessary to solve the challenges we face.
* The Inauguration will also involve Reverend Joseph Lowery, who will be delivering the official benediction at the Inauguration. Reverend Lowery is a giant of the civil rights movement who boasts a proudly progressive record on LGBT issues. He has been a leader in the struggle for civil rights for all Americans, gay or straight.
* And for the very first time, there will be a group representing the interests of LGBT Americans participating in the Inaugural Parade.
Personally, I think writing is a good idea to let the Obama team know how we feel, but ultimately I don't think it's going to reverse this, given the above ridiculous self-soothing talking points. I hope that I'm wrong but since Warren is a friend of Obama's I'm pretty sure that there will not be an uninvite. The perplexing thing is, if you watched that Saddleback Forum with Warren, Barack Obama really came off poorly when he was asked a question about reproductive freedom. Not sure I would consider Warren a friend for sandbagging him.
As you might guess, the Freepi are having a grand old time at our expense; these are a nice juxtaposition to the above. Comments below the fold.
Actual Freeper Quotes
LOL the homo’s are taking a right beating lately. This is just great, what is it ah yes change we can believe in have you got that homo’s? change you never thought LOL
Since his election to the position of President Elect, Obama has shown increasingly that he may be (emphasis on "may be") a pure old fashioned opportunist. He has betrayed the hard-core left most of all. Does that mean that conservatives can still hope? I dunno.
Disagreement is not allowed. You’d think Obama would know that by now. By the way, they knew Obama’s stance on gay marriage didn’t they?
Honestly now. Is there anyone abominable sodomites are not "furious" with?
we can watch the radical left and homo’s get all their knickers in a twist
Trannies claim to be women trapped in men's bodies or vice-versa. IMHO, the entire LBGT "community" are a bunch of brown-shirts trapped in rainbow attire.
I personally dont have much use for Warren, another man of the cloth looking for a guvvie handout.
BTW, the most we could hope for is that Obama might turn out to be a pragmatist that would benignly react to events instead of trying to implement a socialist agenda. That said, I will fear him as a possible Manchurian candidate until his last day in office.
I LOVE IT! Nothing so much pleases me as seeing the queerly beloved get angry at Rick Warren over his endorsement of Proposition 8! BRING IT ON!!!
“Furious” and “fierce” are two more words that now belong exclusively to the “gay” emotional typology.
great isn’t it to see these homo’s get done over, the idiots actually thought he was going to give them marriage right off the bat. maybe they never heard Biden or knew in the black community or the area of chicago homo’s are not well received. Not only that but did they take no notice of the church he went to for 20 years
obama is actually pissing the left off more than the right and it is great to see
When your entire “ideology” is pandering the those who are pandered to less will always be upset. Too bad no one runs on principles anymore. Maybe Paline, Jindal or Steele will lead us from this moral morass.
Prolly gonna hold their breath and stamp their feet. Maybe even say something snotty. I wonder if Ben and Nia-Malika, bless their little hearts, are writing from the inside, or merely as informed observers. These "folks" don't have much to worry about.
Hey LGBTs! Your ass ain’t gonna believe what your eyes are telling you!
..Gay activists furious with Obama .....oh $hit, I could just punch a pillow.
So His Majesty is telling the gays to bite him. Sweet.
Is B Hussein telling the rumpriders to pound sand instead of each other?
Did the gays finally realize what Muslims do to homos? Well, they elected a muzzie.
These f@gs are fascists and way over the top. I have always said there is no difference between sex-preference and racism, and the language of sexual-orientation goes right ahead with advocacy of bestiality and other abominable degenerate orientations.
This is BS, big time. Warren had a pro-life right to turn down the biggest threat to the unborn ever conceived. Did the man actually agree to do this? NO conservative could even entertain the thought of supporting this man even to hand him a tissue, unless he was crying out in repentance for the deaths of the little ones he agrees to murder. THis is a con, Christians—a con. He’s saying here’s the apple—doesn’t Warren know the heart of Satan when he sees it?
The f@g media and Holywood wanted to be elected, as the real “first ladies” of Obama. My, the world is gona die because f@gs don’t get to be “dignified” and get to keep being ashamed of wishing to rape little boys freely, culturaly and physicaly. We have other problems. Who are these freaging aristocrates? I love the smell of napalm and persecution in the morning. It rushes the f@gs to go appopleptic. No honey, you can’t have your butt honey, sorry.
Perhaps the gay activists want Rev. Rosie O’Donnell to perform the rites prior to the Obamaniacs’ mass orgasm.
This is hilarious! The fags thought when Obama was elected they could shove their gay agenda down everybody’s throat. Obama is showing them they don’t own him and he has simply used them to get where he is. I think Rick Warren is a good pick but he should council Obama in regards to infanticide.
Obama shouldn’t have bothered trying to appease conservative evangelicals. It won’t work for the same reason compassionate conservatism (ie: liberal appeasement) didn’t work. Meanwhile, he’s pissed off a valuable constituency. I’m sure he has the same thought Jorge had, “where else are they gonna go?” but they might stay home next election. See where that got the Republican party?
Angry turd rustlers? I’m not having a hard time NOT caring
Also, note that The Peter is more focused on the marching band --