A dismayed President Joe Biden got an uplifting visit from "the ghost of Biden past" in SNL's Cold Open on Saturday night.
The sketch began with Biden, played by cast member James Austin Johnson, getting some bad news from White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki in the Oval Office.
"Your CNN Town Hall was watched by no one, and your approval rating is in the Dumpster," Psaki says.
"I don't understand. People used to like me," Biden says to himself after Psaki leaves. "The press would call me Uncle Joe. I miss the old me. Where the hell did that guy go?"
At that point, Vice President Biden from 2013, played by SNL host Jason Sudeikis, wanders in wearing aviator sunglasses and doing finger guns.
"How can you be me? You seem so happy," the new Biden says.
The 2013 Biden explains that being VP was the "easiest gig in the world," before giving his 2021 counterpart a shoulder massage and smelling his hair.
"I hope this doesn't sound sexist, but you've got to smile more, sweetie," the old Biden says.
When the 2021 Biden complains about Democratic senators blocking his agenda, his former self says, "Screw Joe Manchin. The only mansion I care about is the Playboy mansion. That's classic 2K3 Biden!"
The pair get a brief visit from a third Joe Biden, from March 2021, before the 2013 version prepares to go back in time.
"Don't leave. I can't do this without you," the new Biden says.
"Of course you can, because guess what buddy, you are me," the 2013 Biden responds. "I want you to stand tall, I want you to flash those 100 percent natural choppers we got, and remember, we may be from different eras, but at the end of the day, we're both Joe freakin' Biden."
Followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory have gathered in Las Vegas this weekend at the For God and Country Patriot Double Down.
The conference, organized by Patriot Voice, was originally planned for the Caesars Forum, but parent company Caesars Entertainment canceled the booking amid backlash from extremism experts and others.
Among the speakers on Saturday was Jason Sullivan, a social media expert who worked with Trump ally Roger Stone during the 2016 presidential campaign.
"We know there was election fraud, are you kidding? We're done trying to prove that it happened. We're about to turn it around," Sullivan told the crowd, adding that the burden will now be on others to prove they provided a secure election system.
Sullivan later led attendees in chants of "Sheep no more!" according to the newspaper.
"On the second floor of the event area, Trump hats and shirts were for sale at a merchandise stand with a 'Trump won' flag draped over the front," the Review-Journal reports. "Flags hanging over a railing that were visible from the ground floor said 'Trump is still my president' and 'Stop the steal.' ... Media access to the event was highly restricted. A Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter was escorted by event staff, confined to one area and told to leave shortly before noon."
The Sunday Times reports that another speaker, Alan Fountain, said he planned to talk about "the pedophile, blackmail and bribery system".
"A global cabal had been enslaving humanity, he explained, in an interview from his hotel room with the British YouTuber Nicholas Veniamin," according to the Sunday Times.
"Their whole goal is to feed off the energy of humans," Fountain said. "We are basically their sustenance and this has been covered up and hidden for hundreds of years, so this movement is vital to liberating humanity."
According to the Sunday Times, Fountain predicted a "transition to a 5D earth civilization."
"When this will happen, I don't know," he said.
"The more traditional politicians attending the couple's second conference this weekend included David Clarke, 65, a former Wisconsin sheriff-turned-conservative media personality, who felt it was 'about energizing the base,'" the Sunday Times reported.
"I'm not here to further Q or whatever that thing is," Clarke said.
Also attending the conference was Couy Griffin, the New Mexico county commissioner who founded Cowboys for Trump.
"I don't follow Q myself [but] . . . I hear some of the stuff Q puts out that makes sense. But I follow the Lord Jesus Christ," said Griffin, who's facing charges for his participation in the Capitol insurrection.
The conference continues through Monday.
Several Black students at a Florida high school reportedly were suspended for five days after they confronted white classmates involved in a racist video featuring a mock Ku Klux Klan hood and the N-word.
However, the white students who appeared in the video have not been suspended, according to Jacksonville's Channel 4, sparking outrage among parents and others.
Black students at Yulee High School in Nassau County reportedly received the video from a classmate on Snapchat. The video shows two white teens, one of them wearing a mock KKK hood.
"Hold on, you see that?" one of the teens says in the video, pointing at the camera. "It's a n*gger."
Channel 4 reported Friday: "A group of Black students who received this video from one of their classmates confronted the two students who appeared in it. Because of that confrontation, parents say those Black students were suspended for five days, but the students who appeared in the video were not suspended. Parents say this is incredibly unfair and students now are planning a protest, starting with tonight's homecoming football game."
Two of the suspended Black students are members of the football team, and teammates reportedly considered taking a knee in protest during Friday night's game, or sitting it out entirely. However, the players were told by school administrators that if they did so, they would forfeit the remainder of the season, Channel 4 reported Saturday. Instead, the football players held two white jerseys in the air as they took the field, representing their suspended teammates.
Parents said the Black students "were defending themselves after being bullied and targeted because of their race," according to Channel 4.
"It's disgusting. The fact that this kid that made this vile, nasty, distasteful video is still walking around campus while you have kids who confronted him to defend themselves are sitting at home is two-thirds of the problem," one parent told the station.
Another parent, Melissa Ricks, said she was "enraged" when her son was among those who received the video.
"It is 2021 and until people start screaming, nothing is going to change," Ricks said. "I have never felt rage like this in my life. To know that this video was sent directly to my kid and half of my babies that are on this football team. Do you know what that feels like?"
Ricks added that the issue is bigger than suspensions and football games, and that the school and community need to take a stand against racism, Channel 4 reported.
Mark Durham, the school district's assistant superintendent, issued a statement saying: "The district was made aware of a video that was recorded this summer but just recently sent on Snap Chat to several Yulee High School students. The video contained racial slurs and images. It resulted in a physical altercation involving several students. Disciplinary actions consistent with the district's code of conduct have been given to students involved in the altercation and in sending the Snap Chat video."
According to Durham, the altercation became physical, but did not result in any injuries.
He added in a second statement: "Nassau County School District and Yulee High School want to make it clear that acts of discrimination based on race will not be tolerated on our campuses or toward our students. Individuals committing such acts will be subject to disciplinary consequences. We recognize that many students were negatively affected by the content of this video and the school is prepared to support their needs."
According to Channel 4, the district confirmed that the student who sent the Snapchat video was not one of the students who appeared in it.
"The Nassau County School district confirmed with News4Jax that the video sparked a fight when a few students, including some on the football team, confronted the teen who sent them the video," the station reported. "The district says that students involved in the altercation and their classmate who sent out the clip were suspended."
Watch the two reports as well as an edited version of the Snapchat video below.
Parents, students furious over video of Nassau County kids using racial slurs, wearing white hood www.youtube.com
Yulee football team shows solidarity for teammates suspended over controversial video www.youtube.com
Don't Sit on the Sidelines of History. Join Raw Story Investigates and Go Ad-Free. Support Honest Journalism.
$95 / year — Just $7.91/month
I want to Support More
$14.99 per month