Fox News says Republicans ‘free to use’ its ‘ad’ attacking Hillary over Benghazi
Fox News host Eric Bolling on Thursday said he had created an advertisement to attack former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over her handling of 2012 attacks in Benghazi and Republicans were “free to use” it to derail her 2016 presidential ambitions.
“I made a political ad that Joe Biden, Chris Christie, Rand Paul or Marco Rubio are free to use in 2016,” he explained on Thursday’s edition of The Five.
The ad begins with a clip from Clinton’s 2008 “3 a.m. Phone Call” ad that suggested then-Sen. Barack Obama was not fit to respond to an emergency. Bolling’s ad then goes on to show Clinton testifying before Congress about what prompted the Benghazi attacks, asking, “What difference at this point does it make?”
It concludes with the faces of the four Americans who were killed in the Sept. 11, 2012 attack.
“That’s it!” Bolling exclaimed.
“Can you add a scene where the phone is ringing and Hillary Clinton is [snoring]?” co-host Andrea Tantaros asked.
“Or how about Michelle [Obama] saying, ‘Would somebody get that phone?'” co-host Dana Perino laughed. “That’d be funny.”
Last year, Fox News declined to fire Fox & Friends associate producer Chris White after he created a 4-minute-long, political-style video that was aired on the morning show to attack the president just months before the November election.
Watch this video from Fox News’ The Five, broadcast May 9, 2013.
[Ed. note: A prior version of this report misidentified Kimberly Guilfoyle as Andrea Tantaros.]