Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told "Fox and Friends" that he planned to block Senate appointments until all survivors from last year’s terrorist attack on a U.S. compound in Libya could testify before Congress.
A report aired Sunday night by CBS’ "60 Minutes" included an interview with the first Western eyewitness to go public, who said he saw black Al Qaeda flags flying openly right before the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi attack.
The report also included interviews with two other sources who had previously testified before a House Oversight committee.
Graham said he wanted Reps. John Boehner (R-OH) and Darrell Issa (R-CA) to call for new investigations into the attacks.
“I’m tired of hearing from people on TV and reading about stuff in books,” Graham said Monday on the Fox News program. “We need to get to the bottom of this, and to my House colleagues: Please, for God’s sake, form a joint committee and get away from this blame game.”
Graham said he wanted to know what former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had known about requests for better security at the Benghazi compound, and he wanted to know who initially told former United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice the attacks sprang from a spontaneous protest.
“The survivors have not been made available to the U.S. Congress for oversight purposes, so I’m going to block every appointment in the United States Senate until the survivors are being made available to the Congress,” Graham said, and reiterated his vow on Twitter.
Where are the #Benghazi survivors? I'm going to block every appointment in the US Senate until they are made available to Congress.— Lindsey Graham (@GrahamBlog) October 28, 2013
Watch this video posted on YouTube by PoliticsNow: