Quantcast
Connect with us

SC GOP candidate urges Christians to remove children from godless ‘Pharaoh’s schools’

Published

on

A Republican candidate for South Carolina lieutenant governor says Christians should remove their children from public schools.

“It’s our hope and prayer that a fresh obedience by Christian families and educating their children according to biblical commands will prove to be a key for the revival of our families, our churches, and our nation,” said Ray Moore, a retired Army Reserves chaplain and president of Frontline Ministries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Moore told a gathering of Tea Party activists at the April 12 Liberty Rally that Christians must leave the “Pharaoh’s school system” for religious schools or home schools.

“We cannot win this war we’re in as long as we keep handing our children over to the enemy to educate,” he told the crowd.

Moore announced his candidacy last month, and he’ll face real estate developer Pat McKinney, attorney Bakari Sellers, and GOP activist Mike Campbell in the Republican primary.

He questions spending additional money for “students living in poverty” or to improve school technology in South Carolina, saying the public education model has been proven a failure.

“All of the symptoms, the things that we’re fighting and complaining about today has been caused because the culture has changed,” Moore said. “The culture has turned against God, against the Constitution, and against traditional values.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Moore, who founded the Exodus Mandate organization and backs the “School Risk Audit” of LGBT tolerance in schools, claims 40 percent of public school students turn away from the church by the end of elementary school, and he claims that number jumps to 80 percent by the end of high school.

“It’s fundamentally and largely responsible because of the public school system we’ve had (for) six or seven generations, when most of us have put our children in the godless, pagan school system,” Moore said. “It cannot be fixed, the socialistic model, and we need to abandon that. As conservatives and Christians, if you think you’re going to win this war you’re in, and leave your children in those schools, it will not happen.”

Watch Moore speak in this video posted online by Dennis Wenger:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump blows up at Fox News reporter for asking him about disbanding pandemic team

Published

on

On Wednesday, President Donald Trump lost his temper at a coronavirus press briefing when Fox News correspondent John Roberts asked him about his administration disbanding the pandemic response team.

"We didn't do that. That turned out to be a false story," said Trump. (It is not a false story.) "Now you're starting to go — are you working for CNN?"

"I'm pointing out what they have said and what you have said, that's all," said Roberts.

"Fox isn't so easy either, don't kid yourself," whined Trump. "Look, John, let me tell you something. You know that's a false story. What you just said is a false story, this doctor knows it better than anybody ... you shouldn't be repeating a story that you know is false."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

More than 1 in 5 ventilators in federal government stockpile is holding for emergencies don’t work

Published

on

As the coronavirus is raging through the United States, President Donald Trump has begun releasing personal protective equipment from federal stockpiles as well as much-needed ventilators. Unfortunately, however, one in five ventilators from the government don't work.

The New York Times reported Wednesday that there are 10,000 ventilators that the government is holding back for the next wave of the emergency.

"But what federal officials have neglected to mention is that more than 2,000 of the lifesaving devices are unavailable after the contract to maintain the government’s stockpile lapsed late last summer, and a contracting dispute meant that a new firm did not begin its work until late January. By then, the coronavirus crisis was already underway."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Pro-Trump reporter banned from White House briefing room for ignoring social distancing guidelines

Published

on

On Wednesday, the White House Correspondents Association announced that it would be banning One America News Network reporter Chanel Rion from the press briefing room, after she repeatedly refused to follow social distancing guidelines imposed as a safety precaution against coronavirus.

The WHCA taking action after OANN staffer Chanel Rion repeatedly broke the agreed-upon rules --> https://t.co/8uTRLaVSbd

— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) April 1, 2020

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image