John Oliver mocks Bud Light’s ‘rapey’ ad campaign: ‘If a nickel could urinate, it would taste like a Bud Light’
In a short segment on HBO’s Last Week Tonight, host John Oliver ripped into a recently pulled ad campaign by the makers of Bud Light that used a tag line, “Remove no from your vocabulary” that one commentator said had a “certain rapey feel to it.”
Calling Bud Light, “the feudal peasant covered in donkey sh*t of beers,” the host criticized the management at Anheuser-Busch for not seeing how the slogan could be offensive when sexual assault is so often related to drinking.
With that in mind, Last Week Tonight created a parody “up for whatever” Bud Light commercial, where average bargoers are invited to have a Bud Light which then leads to wild partying afterwards.
In the commercial, a hidden camera captures a bartender trying to convince three men to have a Bud Light, only for them to say “no” before unleashing a fusillade of insults about the beer, with one saying: “If a nickel could urinate, it would taste like a Bud Light.”
Among the comments made about Bud Light:
- “It tastes like the flat soda that a homeless guys uses to rinse off burns.”
- “It’s like a liquid version of a John Mayer song.”
- “Bud Light tastes like the urine of a scared rabbit.”
- “It tastes like Robert Durst’s aquarium.”
- “It’s like someone drank a good Mexican beer and pissed in a Bud Light bottle.”
- “It tastes as if a raccoon ejaculated carbonated vinegar into in old log.”
Watch the video below, uploaded to YouTube by Berto Majden: