Quantcast
Connect with us

‘Ruined by feminists’: Misogynist bros throw a tantrum over new all-woman Ghostbusters trailer

Published

on

A Sony Pictures trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie on Thursday drew outrage from misogynist and racist Internet trolls who complained that the original all-male cast had been replaced by women.

“Ghostbusters makes its long-awaited return, rebooted with a cast of hilarious new characters,” Sony Pictures announced on its YouTube page. “Thirty years after the beloved original franchise took the world by storm, director Paul Feig brings his fresh take to the supernatural comedy, joined by some of the funniest actors working today – Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth. This summer, they’re here to save the world!”

ADVERTISEMENT

While sites like Gizmodo declared that the new movie “looks perfect,” the four female stars — including African-American comedian Leslie Jones — brought out the racist and sexist YouTube trolls.

“Good to see they’ve struck a blow for equality and tolerance,” sparky6899 wrote. “By making all the scientists white women, and the only black woman a gigantic blundering moron.”

“Women are just not funny so why put them in a comedy???” JudasCrusader asked.

“Horrible… Just horrible. I haven’t seen a funny movie yet where the main actors are women,” keep22 opined.

“I like how they’ve elected to move away from the original by removing the comedy and humour and replacing the cast with four women who can’t act,” Das Nutnock wrote.

ADVERTISEMENT

“This movie stinks of feminism from a mile away,” AquilaVictrix quipped.

“Really? REALLY!? In every crack… a lame woman joke, Loud as NY Black woman is comedy relief for the ghetto with her loving thuggery,” Dudes Tattoos observed. “Two nerdy fems trying desperately to sound authentic & interested (straight line reading) in the tech, and now they have multiple little units other than the proton pack like girly mace shooters.”

“I’m praying to any God that will listen to me that this movie bombs,” That214Boy grumbed. “Hollywood just took a huge dyiaria dump with corn in it on a childhood staple movie I grew up enjoying. Didn’t laugh at one thing in this trailer. only people who will be watching this are feminazis who are glad to see women get a big name movie behind them and soccer mom’s needing a movie to take kids to.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“FEMINISM is getting out of control… no wonder men don´t get married any more,” ricardo clemente commented.

“ONCE AGAIN they take something great and wonderful and run it through the trenches of femnazies and stupid directors,” LibertarianUSA1982 declared. “Trump 2016 make America great again!”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Another childhood memory ruined by feminists,” hazeel11 lamented.

The trailer had received over 13,000 down votes just hours after being published. Watch it below.

ADVERTISEMENT

(h/t: Fusion)


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trump is in a ‘fight-or-flight state’ over coronavirus: ‘Art of the Deal’ co-author

Published

on

On Thursday's edition of MSNBC's "The Beat," Trump biographer and "Art of the Deal" co-author Tony Schwartz laid out the president's state of mind over the coronavirus crisis.

"Let's understand Trump," said Schwartz. "Trump is the chief energy officer of this land. So, in other words, his energy has a disproportionate impact on all our energy. And he already raised the anxiety of people over the last four years considerably. He'll exploit fear if he thinks that serves him, or deny fear if he thinks that serves him."

"That's an important point," said host Ari Melber. "You're arguing, as someone who worked with him, that while we just heard about a public interest approach, you're saying you don't see him using public interest?"

Continue Reading

CNN

Markets are ‘getting ready for something worse’ amid coronavirus chaos: Expert

Published

on

On Thursday's edition of CNN's "The Situation Room," business analyst Richard Quest said that the United States is not likely on track for a recession at the moment — but that if the coronavirus outbreak explodes within the country, it could destabilize the economy into a tailspin.

"The 1,190-point drop today, the largest in the history of the New York Stock Exchange," said anchor Wolf Blitzer. "Over the past week, the Dow Jones has dropped 3,581 points since last Thursday alone ... could the U.S. economy now go into recession if the coronavirus spreads here in the United States?"

"Right, the qualifications of that is the last bit of your question: If it spreads in the United States," said Quest. "At the moment, there's no reputable economist that is forecasting a global recession or a U.S. recession if the status quo is maintained, i.e., periodic expansions of this with just a few more cases. However, if there was a full-scale outbreak and you start looking at large parts of the U.S. economy being shut down, no question about it. A recession would be on the cards."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

‘Gaze adoringly at you’: Internet mocks Trump’s claim coronavirus leader Mike Pence has ‘nothing else to do’

Published

on

The internet exploded in laughter on Thursday after President Donald Trump said he put Vice President Mike Pence in charge of the coronavirus because he had "nothing else to do."

The New York Times reported that the president made the remarks on Wednesday before naming Pence as the point man on the virus.

Wait, I thought he was a businessman and didn't like people around with nothing to do (hence fired the CDC epidemic response team) - seems like he should have fired Pence a long time ago?

Continue Reading
 
 
close-image