Former Mexican President Vicente Fox reignited his war of words with Donald Trump on Thursday, Buzzfeed reported.
Fox said in an interview with WABC-AM host Rita Cosby that he would be willing to travel to the US to debate the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, provided that Trump actually paid attention.
“That’s the attitude of a compassionate leader, and that’s what I would expect if there was a debate — that he would listen to my arguments, that he would put his arguments on the table,” Fox said. “But we both are obliged to document, to sustain with facts and numbers what we’re saying, and not just lying and cheating to people, saying blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.”
Earlier this year, Fox slammed Trump’s campaign vow to make Mexico pay for the construction of a wall along the border between the two countries, and also called the real estate mogul a “false prophet.”
On Thursday, Fox also alluded to Trump’s conditions for a debate with Democratic candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders — which were met before Trump backed out.
“This is not a show and I don’t want his $10 million,” Fox said. “No charge on my side. But, the thing is we should listen to what we’re saying and that will be very exciting and very interesting for everybody to hear about.”
Fox’s remarks, as posted online on Thursday, can be heard below.