Quantcast
Connect with us

NYC City Controller can’t find Donald Trump donation he swore he gave to 9/11 charities after the attack

Published

on

In an exclusive interview with New York City Controller Scott Stringer, it was revealed that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump may not have actually given to any 9/11 charities after all.

According to a New York Daily News interview, Stringer revealed that records show Trump pledged $10,000 to a major 9/11 charity but the donation never surfaced. Previously, Trump claimed he gave generously to help the city. This confirms claims that were made in November 2015 made by the Smoking Gun blog that Trump never actually donated anything.

The donation was part of a fundraising effort Howard Stern was pushing in the months that followed the attack. Audio recordings of Stern’s interview with Trump October 10, 2001 (below) confirms that he and co-host Robin Quivers thanked Trump for his $10,000 pledge.

“He gave us $10,000,” Quivers.

“Yes he did, to our fund,” Stern responded.

Trump didn’t dispute that he made the pledge on the Stern show. Stern claimed that the fund was set up by Rudy Giuliani and every dime would go to the families of those killed in the World Trade Towers.

ADVERTISEMENT

“For the periods covered by the audits, we did not find any record of a donation from Trump himself or a Trump entity to either the Twin Towers Fund or the New York City Public/Private Initiatives Inc.,” Stringer’s office said in a statement when the paper filed a Freedom of Information Act request.

In a 2015 statement from the Trump campaign, Hope Hicks told the Daily Mail, “Mr. Trump has donated close to half a million dollars to organizations as a result of the 9/11 tragedy including the American Red Cross and the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Fund. In addition to a total of $102 million dollars donated to hundreds of charitable foundations over a relatively short period of time, many of which helped people affected by 9/11.”

There is no evidence that Trump gave, at least in the year following the attacks. According to their office, there was a review period that covered the year that followed September 11, 2001, and they were unable to conclude Trump gave to either of the funds he claimed he donated to.

The Daily News obtained every 990 Forms from the Donald J. Trump Foundation from 2001 and 2014 and it proves there are no donations from the foundation. There was a $1,000 donation in 2006 to the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund, but that group was using sketchy scientific methods approved by the “Church” of Scientology to hep rescue workers. In April 2016, Trump’s foundation did donate $100,000 to the 9/11 Museum, but that was after he stopped giving money to his foundation and was requesting donations from others to his foundation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump also previously claimed that he received $150,000 from a government fund designed to help businesses recover after 9/11. While that is true, Trump claimed it was reimbursement for his help for the 9/11 victims he said he took into his nearby building at 40 Wall Street. He also bragged that his building was now the tallest since the towers fell.

The campaign refused to comment on whether or not Trump did actually help people in his building and no other people can confirm Trump’s claims.

“I don’t remember,” Nancy Lara, the building’s property manager at the time said. “I honestly don’t remember. It’s a long time ago.”

New York Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal (D-Manhattan), managed the Ground Zero Task Force and she too said she didn’t recall him being involved. “I don’t recall his name ever being in the mix.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Every time New York City suffered a tragedy Donald Trump was there to help,” Giuliani said at the Republican National Convention in July. “He’s not going to like my telling you this but he did it anonymously.”

According to Giuliani, Trump made non-specific and anonymous donations. The controller’s office has no record of it.

Listen to Trump graciously accepting praise from Howard Stern on the October 10, 2001 show below:

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Teen brutally attacks Hispanic mother after she got him suspended by school for racist abuse of her son

Published

on

A student at New Jersey school has been accused of brutally beating a Hispanic mother after she complained about her son being subjected to racist abuse.

NJ.com reports that 35-year-old Beronica Ruiz, whose son attends the Passaic Gifted and Talented Academy School No. 20 in Passaic, New Jersey, went to complain to administrators after her son had been subjected to bigoted taunts and threats of violence from other students.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

E. Jean Carroll’s rape allegations against Trump exposed a depressing fact about the American public — according to this conservative

Published

on

This week, former advice columnist E. Jean Carroll published explosive allegations that President Donald Trump had raped her in a department store in the 1990s. In response, the President tweeted that she was "not his type" and that he'd never met her.

As the Democratic debates begin, media commenters wondered why a credible accusation of rape against a sitting President is not enough to permanently sink his chances at re-election, with some blaming the media for moving on too fast.

Writing in the conservative publication The Bulwark, Jonathan V. Last notes that the media did its job. And that it's the US public that lacks the moral compass to ditch the president, despite multiple allegations of sexual assault.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump lashes out at US women’s soccer player for refusing to visit the White House

Published

on

President Donald Trump lashed out at a U.S. women's national soccer team who has publicly criticized him.

Team co-captain Megan Rapinoe, who joined former NFL player Colin Kaepernick's kneeling protest during the National Anthem, strongly denied that she would accept the president's invitation to visit the White House if her squad wins the Women’s World Cup now underway.

“I’m not going to the f*cking White House,” Rapinoe told Eight by Eight Magazine, saying she doubted Trump would risk inviting them. “We’re not gonna be invited. I doubt it.”

Trump has canceled visits by other championship teams, such as this year’s Philadelphia Eagles, after most of the players vowed to decline the invitation.

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

The 2020 election needs you. There are 18 months until the election, and the Supreme Court is on the line. I'm trying to add journalists to do more exclusive reports. Let me get rid of the ads for you, and put your support toward 100% progressive reporting. Want to ensure your voice is heard? Join me and restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

HELP TAKE BACK AMERICA
close-link