NBC Late Night host Seth Meyers had plenty to work with Monday night, with both Donald Trump’s pervy comments about sexually assaulting women caught on video tape, as well as his failed debate performance on Sunday night.
Saying last week, “The Trump train collided head-on with the Access Hollywood bus,” Meyers dubbed Trump “The pervert on the bus.”
“So a man who is this close to the highest office in the land now occupies the lowest office in the land: the pervert on the bus,” he smirked, before taking some digs at Trump’s giggling wingman and fellow NBC employee, Today show host Billy Bush.
Pointing out that Bush has now been suspended and faces firing, Meyers remarked, “There is now a higher standard for host of the third hour of the Today show than there is for Republican nominee for president.”
Meyers then turned to Trump’s promise during the Sunday night debate to have rival Hillary Clinton prosecuted if he wins in November.
Noting Trump’s praise of Russian strongman Vladimir Putin and late dictator Saddam Hussein, Meyers quipped, “Trump finally revealed his inner dictator. Which probably shouldn’t come as a surprise given that he’s repeatedly praised other dictators who jail political opponents.”
Watch the video below via NBC:
White House adds 20 percent increase to ‘best case’ projection of coronavirus deaths
The White House is moving the goal posts once again. Instead of taking drastic action, like asking every state's governor to mandate a quarantine to reduce the spread of coronavirus, it is quietly upping its projected death toll, just one day after stunning Americans with a six-digit death rate.
On Sunday President Donald Trump told Americans he thinks if 100,000 Americans die from coronavirus he will have done "a very good job."
On Monday Dr. Deborah Birx announced the White House is projecting 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.
Tuesday evening, the number increased 20 percent.
Olympic athletes in ‘impossible position’ – Canada
Canadian Olympic chiefs said Monday the health and safety of athletes had prompted the country's decision to withdraw its team from the Tokyo Olympics amid the coronavirus pandemic.
A day after Canada became the first team to announce its withdrawal from the July 24-August 9 Games, Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) chief David Shoemaker said athletes had been left in an "impossible position."
With public health authorities urging individuals to stay inside to curb the spread of COVID-19, athletes had been caught between a desire to heed health and safety advice while trying to minimize disruption to training programs.
Vietnamese women strive to clear war-era mines
Inching across a field littered with Vietnam war-era bombs, Ngoc leads an all-women demining team clearing unexploded ordnance that has killed tens of thousands of people -- including her uncle.
"He died in an explosion. I was haunted by memories of him," Le Thi Bich Ngoc tells AFP as she oversees the controlled detonation of a cluster bomb found in a sealed-off site in central Quang Tri province.
More than 6.1 million hectares of land in Vietnam remain blanketed by unexploded munitions -- mainly dropped by US bombers -- decades after the war ended in 1975.
At least 40,000 Vietnamese have since died in related accidents. Victims are often farmers who accidentally trigger explosions, people salvaging scrap metal, or children who mistake bomblets for toys.