Attorney Lisa Bloom abruptly cancelled a press conference scheduled on Wednesday where a woman who has accused GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump raped her when she was 13, pulled out after being threatened.
With a full contingent of reporters on hand, Bloom said the young woman, identified in court documents as “Jane Doe,” is now living in fear for her life.
“Jane Doe has received numerous threats today, as have all the Trump accusers that I have represented,” Bloom explained. “She is living in fear, she has decided that she’s too afraid to show her face.”
“She has been here all day, ready to do it, but unfortunately she is in terrible fear,” she continued. “So we are going to have to reschedule. I apologize to all of you who came today for this inconvenience.”
“Jane Doe” refiled a lawsuit last month over the attack, after two previous filings, adding a witness described as “Joan Doe” who claimed, “In the 1994-95 school year, I was told by the plaintiff in Jane Doe v. Trump and Epstein … that the plaintiff was subject to sexual contact by the Defendants at parties in New York City during the summer of 1994.”
Watch the video below via Twitter:
Statement on Trump accuser becoming too afraid to show her face. "She is living in fear," lawyer Lisa Bloom said. pic.twitter.com/demwISRtAX
— NancyDillonNYDN (@NancyDillonNYDN) November 2, 2016