Quantcast
Connect with us

Khizr Khan rips ‘un-American’ Muslim ban: Trump is writing a ‘dark and ugly chapter’ into history

Published

on

The father of a U.S. Muslim soldier who gave his life for his country in Iraq in 2004 ripped into President Donald Trump’s executive order banning Syrian refugees and immigrants from Muslim-majority countries, calling the newly elected president “un-American” Sunday morning.

Appearing on MSNBC with host Joy Reid, Gold Star father Khizr Khan was unrelenting in his attack on Trump’s executive order effectively excluding Muslims from entering the U.S.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It must not be lost on you, sir, that the first two refugees to be kept out of this country, to be kept out of the United States by Trump’s executive order are Iraqis who helped U.S. troops during the war,” Reid asked Khan.

“I am so saddened for my country, for my nation, for the country and nation for which we have fought and that we continue to defend,” Khan replied. “I invite Donald Trump and his racist and his Islamophobe coterie to go to the Arlington Cemetery and go to section 60, face all the tombstones there and if they have any shame, any shame at all, they should refrain from this un-American activity, un-American banning of Muslims, patriotic Muslims coming to the United states.”

“We are equal citizens and we will remain equal citizens. We defend the values of this country. We defend the Constitution of this country and we will remain standing also on our side, the majority of this country on our side,” the impassioned father continued. “Donald Trump never got the majority votes of this country, we have the majority vote of this country. This is the time for Republicans to stand up for their values, otherwise like Donald Trump they will be part of this dark chapter that he’s trying to write, that he has surrounded himself with unpatriotic Americans.”

Asked about the president’s advisors, including Kellyanne Conway — Michael Flynn —  Steve Bannon, Khan hammered them for lying to the public.

“They are operating my country, they are running this government by anecdotes, by alternativee facts. What is that?” he asked. “This is how they are going to be dealing with the dignity of this country, the dignity of this nation? This country, this nation still remains a beacon of hope and we will stand in their way now and forever to not let them violate the basic foundations, the basic values of this country. The majority of this country is on our side and these protests are a reflection of that. They should get used to it and they should begin to understand what true America is, the true values of this country. We remain standing and we shall prevail.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Khan later added, “This is an ugly chapter, this is an ugly beginning but we will fix it.”

Watch the video below via MSNBC:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Scottish lawmaker: Reasonable grounds to suspect Trump or his associates ‘have been involved in serious crime’

Published

on

A Member of the Scottish Parliament is asking his fellow ministers to investigate President Donald Trump’s deals through which he acquired his properties in Scotland, including Trump’s two multi-million dollar losing golf courses. President Trump prizes his Turnberry, Scotland  resort, but reports that the American president is using the U.S. federal government to help keep it afloat have dogged him.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Florida woman zips boyfriend into suitcase and lets him suffocate: police

Published

on

A Florida woman zipped her boyfriend into a suitcase and recorded video as he suffocated to death, police said.

Sarah Boone was arrested on second-degree murder charges in the death of Jorge Torres Jr., who died inside a suitcase during an apparent domestic dispute, reported WESH-TV.

The 42-year-old Boone told police that she had been drinking chardonnay with Torres, who she said agreed to climb into the suitcase and be zipped inside as a joke.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Rudy Giuliani whines he only has ‘five friends left’ in latest cell phone misadventure

Published

on

On Thursday, the New York Daily News reported that President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani accidentally complained to a journalist that he had lost most of his friends as a result of the Trump impeachment business.

The confession, made to an unknown associate named "Tony," came after he put his phone in his pocket while it was still running, thinking he had ended his call — the latest in a number of similar mishaps Giuliani has had with his phone.

Continue Reading
 
 
close-image