Quantcast
Connect with us

Kellyanne Conway justifies travel ban with bogus ‘Bowling Green massacre’ — and gets scorned online

Published

on

Kellyanne Conway blamed two Iraqi refugees for a terrorist attack that never happened — and social media users pounced on her for citing more “alternative facts.”

The senior advisor to President Donald Trump cited the fictional “Bowling Green massacre” Thursday on MSNBC’s “Hardball” to justify the executive order banning travelers from several predominantly Muslim nations, reported The Guardian.

ADVERTISEMENT

Conway also falsely compared Trump’s order to visa restrictions imposed in 2011 by then-President Barack Obama, which paused the processing of Iraqi refugees for six months after two of them were arrested in a failed attempt to send funding and weapons to al Qaeda in their home country.

This, in Conway’s telling, became a successful attack in Kentucky’s third-largest city — home to Western Kentucky University and the source of all Corvettes built since 1981.

“I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre,” Conway told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. “Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”

Sen. Rand Paul, who lives in Bowling Green, made a similar claim Thursday night in another MSNBC interview, suggesting the men were charged in connection with an “attempted bombing.”

In fact, there was no massacre and there was no attempted bombing, and Justice Department officials said in 2012 that the two Iraqi nationals were never even accused of plotting an attack in the U.S.

ADVERTISEMENT

The two men are currently serving life sentences for federal terrorism-related offenses in a plot against American troops in Iraq.

Twitter users heaped scorn and derision over Conway for inventing a terrorist attack to justify the controversial travel ban, which has sparked protests nationwide.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Alabama Republican: ‘I want to see more people’ get coronavirus

Published

on

On Thursday, Alabama Senate President Pro Tempore Del Marsh suggested that he wanted more people to get coronavirus — because he thinks America would develop "herd immunity" and reduce the spread enough to protect more vulnerable populations.

"I'm not as concerned so much as the number of cases. In fact, quite honestly, I want to see more people, because we start reaching an immunity the more people have it and get through it," said Marsh. "I don't want any deaths, as few as possible, say, I get it, but those people who are susceptible to the disease, especially more serious pre-existing conditions, elderly population, those folks, we need to, you know, do all we can to protect them. But I'm not concerned, I want to make sure that everybody can receive care."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

The Secretary of Defense was briefed on Russian bounty on American soldiers — proving it isn’t the hoax Trump said it was

Published

on

Last week, President Donald Trump finally heard the news that the Russian government was giving cash to Afghanistan's Taliban forces to murder American soldiers.

Initially, he began with Step one in the Trump list of processing a scandal: denial.

"Nobody briefed or told me, @VP Pence, or Chief of Staff @MarkMeadows about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an "anonymous source" by the Fake News @nytimes. Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us. Nobody's been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration. With Corrupt Joe Biden & Obama, Russia had a field day, taking over important parts of Ukraine - Where's Hunter? Probably just another phony Times hit job, just like their failed Russia Hoax. Who is their 'source'?" tweeted Trump on June 28.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Here’s why Trump contradicted his own White House on the Supreme Court rulings

Published

on

Following the Supreme Court's pair of 7-2 decisions rejecting President Donald Trump's claim to have absolute immunity from subpoenas, he blasted the ruling on Twitter, claiming he being unfairly targeted and the victim of "prosecutorial misconduct." However, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany released a statement saying that "President Trump is gratified by today’s decision."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image