Quantcast
Connect with us

National Enquirer tries to cash in on salacious ‘Morning Joe’ story after Trump admits blackmail attempt

Published

on

A National Enquirer story about 'Morning Joe' co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski (Screen cap).

On Friday morning, Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski revealed that the Trump White House had told them that a negative story about them would run in the National Enquirer unless they personally apologized to President Donald Trump for their negative coverage of his presidency.

Just hours later, the Enquirer has promoted a salacious story on its homepage about the couple that contains alleged details of past infidelity to their former spouses.

ADVERTISEMENT

The story — which is headlined “Joe & Mika: TV Couple’s Sleazy Cheating Scandal” — was published back on June 2, and was given fresh prominence in the wake of the couple’s revelations about the White House’s role in the story.

In Washington Post editorial published Friday, Scarborough and Brzezinski revealed that the White House earlier this year contacted them about a scandalous story that would soon be published in the National Enquirer, whose boss David Pecker is a longtime Trump ally.

“This year, top White House staff members warned that the National Enquirer was planning to publish a negative article about us unless we begged the president to have the story spiked,” they revealed. “We ignored their desperate pleas.”

Trump responded to the allegations on Twitter by saying that Scarborough was the one who called Trump on his own initiative to beg him to kill the story — but Trump refused.

Scarborough quickly shot back and said that he had copies of the text messages sent from White House aides to back up his case.

ADVERTISEMENT

For its part, the Enquirer on Friday denied that it coordinated with the Trump White House while it was reporting its story.

“At the beginning of June, we accurately reported a story that recounted the relationship between Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, the truth of which is not in dispute,” the publication wrote. “At no time did we threaten either Joe or Mika or their children in connection with our reporting on the story.  We have no knowledge of any discussions between the White House and Joe and Mika about our story, and absolutely no involvement in those discussions.”


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

2020 Election

Trump’s efforts to undo the election are facing resistance from these Republicans in key battleground states

Published

on

Critics of President Donald Trump — from liberals and progressives to right-wing Never Trump conservatives — are slamming Republicans in Congress who refuse to publicly acknowledge Joe Biden as president-elect or speak out against Trump's election-related lawsuits. But New York Times reporters Peter Baker and Kathleen Gray, in an article published on November 28, emphasize that in key battleground states, some of the people who have refused to indulge Team Trump's legal challenges and bogus election fraud claims are Republicans.

Continue Reading

2020 Election

Trump’s team files fifth demand for Georgia to audit their ballot signatures as their campaign to overturn the election fizzles

Published

on

President Donald Trump's campaign has filed its fifth demand for the state of Georgia to audit the signatures on ballots.

The statement from the Trump team said that the "Georgia secretary of state should perform an immediate audit of the signatures on all absentee ballot applications and absentee ballot envelopes received for the Nov. 3 General Election. The Trump Campaign estimates that between 38,250 and 45,626 illegal votes from absentee ballots alone were cast in the state of Georgia -- far beyond the Biden-Harris ticket's current margin of 12,670 votes."

https://twitter.com/JulesJester/status/1333460202948075526

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Supreme Court hearing gets awkward as conservative Alito runs roughshod over chief justice Roberts

Published

on

President Trump is pressing the U.S. Supreme Court to allow him to exclude undocumented immigrants from the census count -- a move that goes against more than 200 years of practice where non-citizen residents, even those in the U.S. illegally, were among those counted.

While questioning New York Solicitor General Barbara Underwood, conservative Justice Samuel Alito said that the prospect of submitting two documents, one detailing census numbers of every person inside the U.S. and another detailing numbers that exclude undocumented immigrants inside the U.S. "seems like a totally meaningless formality."

Continue Reading