Quantcast
Connect with us

WATCH: Kellyanne Conway squirms as she’s shown her own past denials of campaign meetings with Russia

Published

on

Kellyanne Conway appears on Good Morning America (Screen cap).

Kellyanne Conway on Monday was confronted by her own past false statements about whether any members of the Trump campaign had met with Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign.

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos on Good Morning America, Conway was shown footage from late last year in which she flatly denied there had been any contact between the Trump campaign and Russian government officials.

ADVERTISEMENT

The ABC host then noted that this statement was incorrect in light of news that Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner had all met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer last year in the hopes that she would reveal damaging information about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

“Who misled you, and why did Don Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort allow those public denials to stand for so many months?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“So as I understand it, George, some of those public disclosure forms have been amended since that time to reflect other meetings, including this one,” Conway replied.

Conway then quickly pivoted, and said that Trump Jr. didn’t actually receive any damning information about Clinton during the meeting, which she claimed proved that he didn’t collude with anyone from the Russian government.

Stephanopoulos, however, would not let Conway off the hook.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Why did people in the administration allow these denials to stand for so many months?” he asked.

Conway paused before responding.

“The people involved in the meeting could answer those questions better for you,” she replied. “But as I understand it, George, people’s disclosure forms have been amended to reflect meetings such as this. And Don Jr. came forward this weekend and gave more information about the meeting.”

“After denying it!” Stephanopoulos interjected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch the full interview below.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Pro-Trump internet trolls tried to hijack Nickelodeon’s kid’s survey on who should be president — and failed

Published

on

On Tuesday, Nickelodeon hosted its "Kids Pick The President" straw poll, in which young viewers of the network give their own opinion on who should win the presidential election. The poll has no electoral significance, given that kids cannot vote and given that the survey methodology is not scientific and lets anyone opt in regardless of how it balances the sample.

Despite this, pro-Trump internet trolls reportedly sought to hijack the results, spreading the message to get people to flood the poll with votes for President Donald Trump.

In the end, however, they couldn't even do it. Joe Biden won the poll, 53 percent to 47 percent.

Continue Reading

2020 Election

Wisconsin sees ‘nightmare scenario’ of COVID cases — as Trump ignores medical advice for campaign rally

Published

on

Wisconsin residents saw a “nightmare scenario” situation unfold Tuesday as 5,262 COVID-19 cases rocked the state, resulting in 64 deaths as President Donald Trump held a large campaign rally with few masks and zero social distancing.

"This is no longer a slow-motion disaster," said Gregory Poland, director of the vaccine research group at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. "This is a disaster in warp speed. And it's maddening to me as a physician because a whole lot of people have died and are dying."

https://twitter.com/MJSphotog/status/1321224234270625794

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the state Department of Health Services reported 5,262 new cases and 64 deaths Tuesday, both records far above any previous daily counts. The death toll now stands at 1,852.

Continue Reading
 

2020 Election

Trump’s website hacked and defaced to stop the ‘fake-news’ spread by the president: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump's website appeared to have been briefly hacked on Tuesday -- one week before the 2020 presidential campaign.

Visitors to the site briefly saw a fake DOJ takedown notice.

"This site was seized," the message read. "The world has had enough of the fake-news spreaded (sic) by President Donald J. Trump."

"It is time to allow the world to know the truth," the message continued.

The message also claimed "secret conversations" prove the Trump administration "is involved in the origin of the coronavirus."

There is no evidence that is the case, experts believe the virus originated in China.

Continue Reading
 
 
Democracy is in peril. Invest in progressive news. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free. LEARN MORE