Quantcast
Connect with us

Alabama GOP Senate hopeful Roy Moore calls son’s ninth arrest a ‘cheap political trick’

Published

on

Former Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, who won a hotly-contested Republican Senate primary against incumbent Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) last month, is calling his son Caleb’s ninth arrest a “cheap political trick.”

According to AL.com, Caleb Moore was charged with third-degree criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor related to another misdemeanor charge from November 2016 for hunting without a permit.

In a statement, Judge Moore’s campaign chairman Bill Armistead said the “personal matter” is a “cheap political trick to detract from the real issues facing our country.”

The statement echoes Caleb’s claims in 2015, when he took to social media after a marijuana and Xanax possession charge to blame his arrest on people opposed to his staunchly anti-LGBT father.

“This is nothing more than a prime example of how media and crooked police officers and critics of my dad try to not only destroy his career for what he stands for but will go as far as trying to destroy his family,” the younger Moore wrote in a Facebook post that has since been deleted. “I am not a drug user as the drug test taken today will show. As for the malicious possession charges, justice will be served.”

ADVERTISEMENT

As AL.com noted, the 2015 charges against Caleb Moore were dropped “after he agreed to enter a pre-trial diversion program with the Pike County District Attorney’s Office, court records show.” He has also been charged with DUIs in Alabama and Florida, and had three other drug-related charges in three separate Alabama counties.


Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump ‘reached into the Genesis chapter of the bigot’s bible’ to attack the Squad: journalist

Published

on

On Tuesday, journalist Jamil Smith wrote a column scorching President Donald Trump's attacks on "The Squad," as an act of utmost bigotry — and narcissism.

"Trump would surely love to run against these four women in 2020 rather than an actual opponent, positioning them all as racial bogeymen," wrote Smith. "It's a royal flush for his racist campaign: two black women, including one who wears a hijab and is a Somali refugee; a boricua from the Bronx; and a first-generation Palestinian-American from Detroit."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

House of Representatives votes for resolution condemning President Donald Trump’s racism

Published

on

President Donald Trump was condemned by the House of Representatives on Tuesday for his racist attacks on young women of color in Congress.

The resolution was passed with the support of every Democrat. The final vote was 240-187.

The text said "Trump’s racist comments have legitimized fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color."

The resolved that the body "strongly condemns President Donald Trump’s racist comments that have legitimized and increased fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color by saying that our fellow Americans who are immigrants, and those who may look to the President like immigrants, should “go back” to other countries, by referring to immigrants and asylum seekers as “invaders,” and by saying that Members of Congress who are immigrants (or those of our colleagues who are wrongly assumed to be immigrants) do not belong in Congress or in the United States of America."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Kim Jong-un threatens to restart nuke tests as Trump’s efforts to talk to the regime fall apart again: report

Published

on

On Tuesday, CNN's Brian Todd reported that the North Korean regime is on the brink of rescinding what little they promised President Donald Trump, as the future of his efforts to continue talks appear uncertain.

"Kim Jong-un's regime is once again in negotiation by intimidation," said Todd. "Just two weeks after their historic meeting at the DMZ, and President Trump's short stroll into North Korea, North Korea's dictator Kim Jong-un appears to be threatening to start testing his nuclear weapons again. In a new statement, Kim's foreign ministry calls the joint U.S./South Korean military exercises planned for next month a breach of the main spirit of what President Trump and Kim agreed to in Singapore, and says, 'We are gradually losing our justifications to follow through on the commitments we made with the U.S."

Continue Reading
 
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

close-image