Facebook admits 10 million people saw Russian ads in 2016 -- and 'it's possible' they didn't catch them all
Facebook Mark Zuckerberg gestures during a presentation in New Delhi on Oct. 9, 2014. (Photo by Chandan Khanna for Agence France-Presse)

Facebook admitted on Monday that an estimated 10 million people saw ads purchased in the infamous $100,000 Russian ad buy during the 2016 elections.


As CNN notes, that's more than the entire population of the state of Michigan.

Of the roughly 3,000 political ads purchased by a Russian organization, less than half (44 percent) were seen before the election on November 8, with the remaining 56 percent viewed afterwards.

In the press release, Facebook Vice President for Policy and Communications Elliot Schrange also noted that "it's possible" that there are more ads that they are still unaware of.