Parents at one Michigan school are furious that a teenage sex "predator" could be returning to classes after spending about six weeks in detention.
The 15-year-old was sentenced to 45 days in juvenile detention last month after pleading guilty to sexual assault, and he could return to Brighton High School as early as next week, reported WXYZ-TV.
The teenager was originally charged with 31 felonies but pleaded guilty to six counts as part of an agreement with prosecutors that called for 15 months in a sexual offender rehabilitation facility.
The judge decided to shorten that sentence and place the boy in a juvenile facility, and parents remain outraged.
"He was charged with 31 felonies, he pleaded to six, there's no way in 45 days he's cured or better,” said one victim’s mother.
Victims as young as 12 years old said the teen manipulated them through social media, forced himself into their homes and physically overpowered them.
"He did this to all the girls," said the parent of one victim. "He would infiltrate their social media, get all their friends and go to work. He's a predator. Without a doubt, he is a predator."
The mother of another girl said the teen raped her daughter at least twice.
"He basically overtook her with his size and strength, then apologized profusely and begged to come to see her in person to apologize because he was so sorry for what he had done to her - and then he raped her again," one mother said.
Parents have asked the school board to keep the teen out of the school building so his victims don't have to face him.
"I would like you to consider and do the right thing to protect the rest of the community, he can go to school online,” said one victim’s father.
School officials declined to comment on the student's return, and the teen is scheduled to return to court Dec. 4 for a review of his case.