Quantcast
Connect with us

Black conservatives admit the White House gave the go-ahead to ‘take the gloves off on Omarosa’

Published

on

Paris Denanrd, Shermichael Singleton and Ayshia Connors

Omarosa Manigault-Newman was out this week leading to mockery from the left. However, people of color on the right were eager to attack too. And according to at least one black conservative, the White House gave the green light.

“Yeah, they told us to take the gloves off,” admitted Ayshia Connors, former deputy director of African American Political Engagement at the Republican National Committee. “They wanted us to share our experience. I mean, in my experience when I was at the RNC, and when other black conservatives that were establishment folks were trying to engage her and trying to do black outreach, we were blocked. We were shut out. So, now that she went on and was talking about what her experience was in the White House and how uncomfortable she was, we got the OK to go ahead and express our stories.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The other conservatives on the panel corroborated that the White House had given the go-ahead, but they were reluctant to go on the attack.

Connors went on to say that the black leaders in the GOP were asked for a list of names for people of color who could work in the administration, but those people never got a call from the White House.

“We have information that Omarosa trashed those — I mean, those people were never given an interview,” Connors said. “That is a direct Omarosa obstructing black Republicans.”

Watch the full conversation below:


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Protesters celebrate as Chase Bank was set ablaze during Portland protests

Published

on

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump alerts ‘active-duty U.S. military police’ for possible deployment to Minnesota: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump's administration is contemplating using active-duty U.S. troops in an attempt to quell the protests in Minneapolis, the Associated Press reported early Saturday morning.

As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests," the AP reported.

"Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations," the AP explained.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

John Roberts joins liberals as Supreme Court rejects challenge to Newsom’s COVID-19 limits on California church attendance

Published

on

In a 5-4 ruling, the Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal from the South Bay United Pentecostal Church in Chula Vista, California. The San Diego area church tried to challenge the state's limits on attendance at worship services:

The church argued that limits on how many people can attend their services violate constitutional guarantees of religious freedom and had been seeking an order in time for services on Sunday. The church said it has crowds of 200 to 300 people for its services.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image