Quantcast
Connect with us

Michele Bachmann: I’m not running for Al Franken’s seat because God won’t answer my prayers about it

Published

on

Former Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann won’t be running for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Al Franken.

The Minnesota Republican had been mentioned as a possible candidate since Franken was pushed out over sexual harassment allegations, but she told a right-wing Christian broadcaster she would not run, reported Right Wing Watch.

“I’m not going to run for that office,” Bachmann told End Times broadcaster Jan Markell. “I had a lot of people contacting me, wanting to give me money and be a part of my team to run for a campaign.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Bachmann said she prayed before reaching her decision, which someone jokingly hoped to influence with a billboard advertisement.

“But what I did is I did what I have done on every other time I thought about running: I took it to the Lord in a very quiet way, I took it before the Lord, I prayed, I tried to have my ears open and hear what God was saying to me,” she said.

In the end, Bachmann said she came to believe God did not want her to run for Franken’s old seat.

“I considered it for quite a long time,” Bachmann said. “From the very first day when Al Franken had announced his resignation from the U.S. Senate, I went before the Lord and it became very clear to me that I wasn’t hearing any call from God to do this.”

Bachmann retired from Congress under an ethics cloud in 2014, following an unsuccessful bid for the GOP presidential nomination.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I’ve always prayed and tried to seek out what God’s will for me would be, and each time before, I’ve had this inner sense that I’m supposed to do this, I’m supposed to run,” Bachmann said. “It doesn’t mean a guarantee that I’ll win, all it means is that that’s what I sensed in my spirit, that God wanted me to run. I had absolutely no sense from the Lord at all that I was supposed to run this time.”

“I just had no sense from the Lord that this is something that I should do right now,” Bachmann added, “so I’m not going to do it.”

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘A coward and a commander’: New Lincoln Project ad contrasts Trump with James Mattis

Published

on

On Friday, the conservative anti-Trump group The Lincoln Project released a new attack ad against President Donald Trump — this time using the criticism of his former Defense Secretary James Mattis, and comparing and contrasting their leadership ability.

"This is the story of a coward and a commander," said the ad's narrator. "The coward Trump dodged the draft. Jim Mattis led American troops for forty years. While a frightened Trump hides from protesters in a deep bunker firing off tweets, Jim Mattis does what he's always done: Leads. While Donald Trump angrily attacks, General Mattis' words deserve to be heard by every American."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

NFL Commissioner Goodell apologizes for league’s indifference to players’ protests against racism

Published

on

On Friday, CNN reported that National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell is acknowledging his organization turned a blind eye when his athletes took a knee to protest racism and police violence, and issued a formal apology.

"We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest," Goodell said in a newly released Instagram video. "It has been a difficult time for our country. In particular, black people in our country. First, my condolences to the families of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and all the families who have endured police brutality."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Maxine Waters calls for Trump’s Cabinet initiate the 25th Amendment ‘before this would-be dictator takes us all down’

Published

on

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) called for Donald Trump to be removed from office on Friday.

"Is there one brave member of Trump’s cabinet who would move to initiate the 25th Amendment to remove him from office?" Waters asked on the president's favorite social networking platform.

The 25th Amendment would allow Vice President Mike Pence to ascend to the presidency if a majority of Trump's cabinet declares "the president is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office."

"Now is the time to save our country before this would-be dictator takes us all down!" Waters warned.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image