Quantcast
Connect with us

US budget deal to add $300 billion in spending over two years: White House

Published

on

A U.S. congressional budget deal is expected to increase spending by about $300 billion over two years, White House legislative affairs director Marc Short said on Wednesday.

Asked about reports that the deal would raise spending by $300 billion, Short told reporters that it would be announced shortly and would be “just shy” of that.

(Reporting by Amanda Becker; Writing by Susan Heavey)

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Bat-wielding 75-year-old white woman tries to block peaceful protesters from marching

Published

on

In an incident that was caught on video this Wednesday, an elderly woman in East Grand Rapids, Michigan, brandished a bat as she confronted people protesting the death of George Floyd.

Speaking to WOODTV, the woman said she was just simply defending her community.

“I just simply stated, you know, ‘You’re not going to burn down East,'” 75-year-old Karla Anderson said.

The video shows protesters marching down the street when Anderson, hoisting the bat in a confrontational manner. Some protesters yell, "Leave her alone," but one man on the bike attempted to take the bat away from her anyway. Others stepped in to try to diffuse the situation.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Pentagon officials mockingly call Trump’s defense secretary ‘Yesper’ because he is so obedient to the president

Published

on

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper this week reportedly angered President Donald Trump when he said that he did not want to deploy American military forces in Washington D.C.

A new report from the Washington Post claims that this was a very rare act of defiance for Esper, who has earned a reputation in the Pentagon as a loyal Trump apparatchik.

"His former colleagues still serving in the military had warned him in recent months about Trump’s sway over its leadership," the Post's sources say. "Some told him that Esper had been dubbed 'Yesper' by some in the Pentagon because he seemed unable to say no to the president."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump accuses China of sending coronavirus to US: ‘What’s going on? It’s a gift from China’

Published

on

President Donald Trump accused China of purposefully infecting Americans with the coronavirus.

The president boasted about the surprise return of 2.5 million jobs last month -- the largest increase on record -- and claimed that showed the coronavirus pandemic was winding down and the U.S. economy was opening back up.

"We're at 105,000 lives [lost to the virus]," Trump said Friday outside the White House. "We also closed it up to Europe. Europe became very infected from China, a gift from China, not good. They should have stopped it, they should have stopped it at the source. It's a gift from China and a very bad gift, I will tell you that, and you do say, how come at Wuhan where it started and they were very badly -- they were in bad trouble."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image