Quantcast
Connect with us

Neo-Nazi website Stormfront close to shutting down as founder’s wife tires of paying hate site’s bills

Published

on

The notorious hate site Stormfront appears to be running on fumes as its former Klansman founder announces the online forum will restrict access to “sustaining members” and take other steps to cut costs.

Don Black, a former Ku Klux Klan member and convicted felon, has complained for years about the costs associated with running the white supremacist forum and threatened to close before, but dwindling donations may finally drive the site out of business, reported Hatewatch.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I appreciate everybody’s support. But it’s that time of month again, when the big, scary bills hit,” Black wrote. “Our contributions have once again totaled less than $2,000, which is not enough to cover our basic server and radio bills, and this month we no longer have enough personal money to make up the difference.”

The site will be restricted to members who donate at least $5 a month, and Black will archive and shut down Stormfront’s main server Friday due to a “financial crisis.”

Stormfront’s domain was seized after the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017, after civil rights lawyers filed a notice with Network Solution, which registered its domain.

Black founded Stormfront in 1995 after learning basic computer programming while serving a three-year federal prison term for attempting to overthrow the government of Dominica with other white supremacists in 1981.

ADVERTISEMENT

The site was central to organized white supremacy for more than two decades, and a 2014 study by the Southern Poverty Law Center found forum members had murdered nearly 100 people in the previous five years, including 77 killed by Anders Breivik in Norway in 2011.

Stormfront has seen its influence wane as younger “alt-right” white supremacists gravitate toward sites such as the Daily Stormer, the Right Stuff and social media platforms, but Black’s site still remains popular with older racists.

Black’s wife Chloe had been paying the site’s bills in recent years and “working full time past retirement age to help support this site,” one user wrote this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

The site’s founder said the Stormfront Radio program would continue, but he said this week he could no longer afford to run the site and canceled his upcoming appearance at a League of the South conference in Alabama to celebrate David Duke’s 50th year of white supremacist activism.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Swiss holding ‘funeral march’ to mark disappearance of an Alpine glacier

Published

on

Dozens of people will undertake a "funeral march" up a steep Swiss mountainside on Sunday to mark the disappearance of an Alpine glacier amid growing global alarm over climate change.

The Pizol "has lost so much substance that from a scientific perspective it is no longer a glacier," Alessandra Degiacomi, of the Swiss Association for Climate Protection, told AFP.

The organisation which helped organise Sunday's march said around 100 people were due to take part in the event, set to take place as the UN gathers youth activists and world leaders in New York to mull the action needed to curb global warming.

Continue Reading

2020 Election

UAW strike ‘threatens to upend the economy in Michigan’ — and could destroy Trump’s re-election: report

Published

on

At the end of the first week of a major strike by the United Auto Workers, the employment standoff threatens to upend President Donald Trump's 2020 re-election map, the Chicago Times reported Saturday.

Approximately 46,000 workers have been striking against General Motors.

There are two major threats to Trump's campaign from the strike.

The first is that the strike could cause regional recessions -- threatening Trump's political standing in key Rust Belt states.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Security forces fired live rounds at protesters calling for the ouster of Egyptian president: report

Published

on

Egyptian security forces clashed with hundreds of anti-government protesters in the port city of Suez on Saturday, firing tear gas and live rounds, said several residents who participated in the demonstrations.

A heavy security presence was also maintained in Cairo's Tahrir Square, the epicentre of Egypt's 2011 revolution, after protests in several cities called for the removal of general-turned-president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.

Such demonstrations are rare after Egypt effectively banned protests under a law passed following the 2013 military ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Investigate and Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image