Quantcast
Connect with us

WATCH: Gay men brutalized while being thrown out of a Los Angeles bar

Published

on

Three gay men thrown out of a bar in an alleged gay bashing incident in Newport Beach, California are suing the restaurant for discrimination.

Los Angeles news station KTLA reported Friday that the incident, which took place on April 13 at the Balboa Inn restaurant and was partially captured on video, initially stemmed from a bartender believing the men had fake IDs.

ADVERTISEMENT

In their lawsuit, the men said they asked to speak to the manager — and were met with gay slurs from the bartender. They were then forcefully taken out of the bar by the bouncer, who they refer to as a “criminal thug.”

Angel Bonilla, one of the suit’s complainants, is seen being physically pushed out by the bouncer in the recording of the incident, and is left “writhing in pain” on the sidewalk outside the establishment. He claims he was taken to the hospital in an ambulance afterwards.

In their lawsuit, the men allege the Balboa Inn’s bartender and bouncer have historically exhibited a “pattern of disrespectful and violent behavior towards gays and minorities.”

“Maybe the way I looked at her, maybe the way I dressed, maybe my body language,” Bonilla told KTLA. “I still don’t understand. All I want to know from her is why. What did we do? How did we make her feel so angry toward us?

ADVERTISEMENT

Colton Moyer, another of the men involved in the incident, said it was “the most terrifying thing I’ve probably ever been through.”

“The complaint accuses the employees of assault, battery, emotional distress, false imprisonment and violation of civil rights,” KTLA’s report noted. “The plaintiffs and their attorney are seeking at least $3 million in damages.”

You can watch video of the alleged gay bashing incident below:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Bill de Blasio learned of federal investigation — and suspended his 2020 bid the next day: report

Published

on

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Friday that he was ending his campaign for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.

There may have been more to the timing than previously reported.

"Federal election officials asked Mayor de Blasio for more information about his presidential campaign fundraising after he used a state political action committee to pay for expenses related to the bid – seemingly against the law," the New York Daily News reported Friday. "The Federal Election Commission demanded that de Blasio 2020 clarify a debt the campaign owed his NY Fairness PAC in a letter Thursday – the day before Hizzoner dropped out of the race."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

White House Counsel busted working to keep whistleblower report from Congress: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump's White House counsel has reportedly been personally involved in keeping Congress from reviewing a whistleblowing report involving Ukraine.

"The revelation that Trump pushed Zelensky to pursue the Biden probe, which was first reported by The Wall Street Journal, represents the most detailed account so far of the president’s conduct that prompted a U.S. intelligence official to file a whistleblower action against the president," The Washington Post reported Friday. "The disclosure comes amid new details about the White House’s role in preventing Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire from complying with Congressional demands for the material in the complaint."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Watch Ex-CIA official break down the ‘three crimes’ Trump committed if Ukraine scandal is true

Published

on

President Donald Trump could be charged with committing three federal crimes if the whistleblower reports involving the White House seeking campaign interference from Ukraine are correct.

MSNBC "Deadline: White House" anchor Nicolle Wallace interviewed Jeremy Bash on Friday -- and worried about the safety of the whistleblower.

"The stakes could not be any higher, the risk to his career -- or her career -- and reputation and perhaps legal standing could not be any higher for this whistleblower. That's why we’re glad to be joined by national security analyst, former chief of staff of the CIA and Department of Defense, someone I wanted to talk to about this story all week, Jeremy Bash," Wallace said.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Investigate and Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image