Quantcast
Connect with us

Journalists who received $2.4 million from Manafort turned on him after he told them to lie to special counsel Mueller: report

Published

on

According to a report by the New York Times, two journalists who received more  than $2 million from overseas accounts from ex-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort turned on the Trump confidante after he asked them to lie to special counsel Robert Mueller.

The report states the journalists were previously hired “to bolster the reputation” of Viktor F. Yanukovych, the former president of Ukraine.

Although the investigators did not reveal the name of the veteran journalists, sources identified them as Alan Friedman and Eckart Sager.

The report states, “In court filings this week, they said that starting in late February, Mr. Manafort repeatedly tried to reach the two journalists — with whom he had fallen out of contact until recently — to coordinate their accounts about their work to tamp down international criticism of Mr. Yanukovych for corruption, persecuting rivals and pivoting toward Russia and its president, Vladimir V. Putin.”

The Times reports that the men “fended off the overtures, which included phone calls and encrypted text messages from Mr. Manafort,” adding Friedman accused him of trying to “suborn perjury” and get him to lie to investigators, according to F.B.I. agent on the case.

You can read the whole report here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Mississippi fast food cashier ‘terminated immediately’ for ugly racist slur on customer’s receipt

Published

on

The owner of a fast food restaurant in Mississippi was "terminated immediately" after a racist and misogynistic slur of patrons.

When Lex Washington visited Who Dat's Drive-Thru in Oxford with her roommate, the cashier listed them on the receipt as "black b*tches in a silver car."

A manager reportedly refused to apologize at the time, and instead "laughed in her face."

A photo of the receipt then spread on social media.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

George Conway calls out fears Trump will compromise new US intelligence initiative aimed at Russia

Published

on

On Saturday, George Conway drew attention to a specific passage of a new article from The New York Times about the intelligence community's efforts to counterattack the Russian power grid, in response to years of covert Kremlin attacks on our own:

“[O]fficials described...hesitation to go into detail with Mr. Trump about operations against Russia for concern...that he might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials, as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation...to the Russian foreign minister.” https://t.co/BXTjjXBmia

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump goes on ‘TOTAL LOSERS’ tirade with manic tweet attacking ‘totally out of control’ media

Published

on

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

Investigating Trump's henchmen is a full time job, and I'm trying to bring in new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have more stories coming you'll love. Join me and help restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link

Investigating Trump is a full-time job, and I want to add new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have stories coming you'll love. Join me and go ad-free, while restoring the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link