Quantcast
Connect with us

Another Fox News reporter quits over pro-Trump tone: ‘People are losing their minds’

Published

on

Another Fox News reporter has left the conservative network over its direction and vividly pro-Trump tone.

Adam Housley announced he was leaving Fox, which he joined in 2001, because the network’s focus on President Donald Trump and panel discussions had crowded out hard news reporting, reported Politico.

“He’s not doing the type of journalism he wants to be doing,” a former employee told the website. “And he is unhappy with the tone of the conversation of the channel.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Los Angeles-based Housley plans to move to San Francisco to spend more time with his two young children and wife, Tamera Mowry-Housley, the actress and co-host of the daytime talk show “The Real.”

“After nearly two decades at Fox News, I have decided to leave the network and take some time in northern California to raise our two young children closer to my family, which includes running the family winery and even coaching their sports teams,” Housley said in a statement. “I could not be more proud of the journalism I did at the network, from war zones, to tsunamis, to watching miners pulled from the ground in Chile, I am grateful for the extraordinary opportunities to have a front seat to history and cover news all over the world. A huge thank you to the many Fox employees, especially behind the scenes, who have supported me every step of the way. We are friends for life.”

Housley’s discomfort with the pro-Trump tone at Fox News is widely shared among the network’s reporters, according to current and former employees.

“People are losing their minds,” one current Fox News personality told Politico.

Conor Powell stepped down as Jerusalem bureau reporter earlier this month over similar concerns, according to a person close to him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters quit working as a contributor for the network in March because he believed its pro-Trump “propaganda” was harmful to American democracy.

“Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer,” Peters said in an email to colleagues. “I swore to ‘support and defend the Constitution,’ and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform.”

“Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

2020 Election

Jeff Sessions ridiculed after losing GOP primary for his old Senate seat in Alabama

Published

on

Former Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) attempted a political comeback by running in the GOP primary for the Senate seat he long held.

Sessions resigned the seat to serve as President Donald Trump's attorney general, before the two had a falling out.

"On Tuesday, Mr. Sessions lost the Alabama Senate Republican runoff election to Tommy Tuberville, a former Auburn University football coach whose platform was largely a blanket promise to support the president at all times," The New York Times reports. The Daily Beast also projected that Tuberville had won.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Senior Trump advisor says a senior White House advisor ‘has been wrong about everything’

Published

on

On Tuesday, in an op-ed for USA TODAY, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro attacked the nation's foremost infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, claiming that he "has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on."

"In late January, when I was making the case on behalf of the president to take down the flights from China, Fauci fought against the president’s courageous decision — which might well have saved hundreds of thousands of American lives," wrote Navarro. "When I warned in late January in a memo of a possibly deadly pandemic, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was telling the news media not to worry."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Texan who led neo-Nazi group guilty of ‘swatting’ Black church: report

Published

on

Federal authorities have received a conviction in case in a "swatting" case, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.

"A founder and former leader of a neo-Nazi group has pleaded guilty to conspiring to place hoax phone calls targeting an African American church, a Cabinet official, journalists and others," the AP reported. "John C. Denton, 26, of Montgomery, Texas, faces up to five years in prison after entering a guilty plea Tuesday in federal court in Alexandria to conspiring to transmit threats."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image