Quantcast
Connect with us

‘It’s all your fault!’ Trump screamed at Giuliani — and blamed him for putting Don Jr. in legal jeopardy

Published

on

A new report from Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman claims that President Donald Trump is now blaming attorney Rudy Giuliani for supposedly putting his own son in legal jeopardy.

According to Sherman’s sources, Trump blames Giuliani for not taking up the job of attorney general, which eventually went to Jeff Sessions. Because Giuliani wouldn’t have recused himself as Sessions did, the president’s logic goes, Giuliani could have kept the president safe had he agreed to become AG.

ADVERTISEMENT

A person described by Sherman as “close to the Trump family” claims that the president is particularly furious with Giuliani because it appears that special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe appears to be turning its attention to Donald Trump Jr., who set up the infamous Trump Tower meeting with Russian government officials to get dirt on then-rival Hillary Clinton.

“A lot of what Trump is doing is based on the fact [that] Mueller is going after Don Jr.,” the source said. “They’re squeezing Don Jr. right now.”

Trump Jr.’s attorney declined to comment to Sherman about whether Mueller is “squeezing” his client.

Adding to the tension in the White House, according to Sherman’s sources, is the fact that Trump is worried that White House counsel Don McGahn might be secretly ratting him out.

“Over the weekend, Jared Kushner described Trump’s mood as ‘rip-shit,’ according to one of the advisers,” Sherman writes. “‘Total meltdown’ was how another adviser put it. ‘He’s extremely frustrated,’ a Republican close to the White House said.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Read the whole report at this link.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Protesters celebrate as Chase Bank was set ablaze during Portland protests

Published

on

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump alerts ‘active-duty U.S. military police’ for possible deployment to Minnesota: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump's administration is contemplating using active-duty U.S. troops in an attempt to quell the protests in Minneapolis, the Associated Press reported early Saturday morning.

As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests," the AP reported.

"Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations," the AP explained.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

John Roberts joins liberals as Supreme Court rejects challenge to Newsom’s COVID-19 limits on California church attendance

Published

on

In a 5-4 ruling, the Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal from the South Bay United Pentecostal Church in Chula Vista, California. The San Diego area church tried to challenge the state's limits on attendance at worship services:

The church argued that limits on how many people can attend their services violate constitutional guarantees of religious freedom and had been seeking an order in time for services on Sunday. The church said it has crowds of 200 to 300 people for its services.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image