Quantcast
Connect with us

‘We will kill you’: Viral video appears to show Proud Boys founder calling for Trump supporters to commit violence

Published

on

Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes. (YouTube/Screenshot)

A video that appears to show far right extremist Gavin McInnes calling for violence has gone viral overnight with over 185,000 views on Twitter in just 15 hours.

In the video compilation (below), McInnes can be heard describing the men’s group he founded, Proud Boys, which the Southern Poverty Law Center has designated as a hate group.

“I started this gang called the Proud Boys,” McInnes says in the beginning of the video.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We will kill you,” he says in the next segment of the edited video. “That’s the Proud Boys in a nutshell.”

To be clear, McInnes appears to make some, but possibly not all, of the statements below. It is unclear, due to the video’s editing, if McInnes or someone else is making some of the statements. The video was posted to Twitter by Vic Berger, whose website says he is a video editor. (NCRM has reached out to Berger for clarification.)

McInnes is known as the co-founder of VICE Media, and now has a talk show on CRTV. He is also a Fox News guest.

Here are a few excerpts:

“Like Bill the Butcher and the Bowery Boys, we will assassinate you.”

“If you’re wearing a MAGA hat and some guy with a slightly punk demeanor says, ‘Hey, are you … pro-Trump?’ choke him. Trust your instincts.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Don’t listen to what he has to say, choke him.”

“Can you call for violence generally? ‘Cause I am.”

“Fighting solves everything. We need more violence from the Trump people.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Trump supporters: Choke a motherfucker. Choke a bitch. Choke a tranny. Get your fingers around the windpipe.” (Better clip of this statement here.)

“Get a fucking gun.”

“Get ready to blow someone’s fucking head off.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Get in trouble. Get arrested. Get fired. They can’t kill us all.”

Watch (Caution: disturbing):

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

2020 Election

‘Trump is too stupid to realize he may get to his most feared number on COVID-19 deaths’: Keith Olbermann

Published

on

Host and progressive paragon Keith Olbermann has been issuing "worst person in the world" videos in which he makes a new case each week that President Donald Trump is the worst person and why.

He began by citing that COVID-19 is continuing to surge, with the astounding number of just over a 30 percent increase in the past two weeks. In Texas, hospitalizations are up 35 percent in as many weeks. Even the first lady can't get over her symptoms of the virus

"We could be just a month -- perhaps just days -- away from the exact same nightmarish, healthcare scenes and draconian closures and even lockdowns that snuck up on the proactively stupid, the psychotically self-absorbed, and the criminally negligent murders -- you know, on Donald Trump," he explained.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Federal judge blasts Betsy DeVos for sabotaging student loan relief she previously agreed to

Published

on

On Tuesday, Politico reported that a federal judge in California has voided a settlement between the Department of Education and student loan borrowers, accusing Secretary Betsy DeVos of sabotaging the agreement by denying thousands of claims without legitimate cause.

"The class-action settlement, which was reached earlier this year and received preliminary approval from the court, was meant to force the Education Department to move faster on final decisions for roughly 160,000 of the backlogged requests for loan forgiveness, known as 'borrower defense' claims. Some of the claims have languished at the department for years," reported Michael Stratford.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

GOP candidate condemned by Marines for her false claim that co-ed training could close a local base

Published

on

South Carolina Republican congressional candidate Nancy Mace is being criticized for making "outlandish" and "factually inaccurate" claims on the possible closure of the Marine Corps Recruit Depot.

In a two-page letter obtained by The State Tuesday, five retired Marine officers argue the true threat to the military base in Beaufort County is sea-level rise — not a co-ed training requirement included in the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act.

“To be clear, women are not a threat to the USMC, and Parris Island can easily integrate female recruits into its training program,” the letter reads. “In fact, women have been training on Parris Island for nearly 80 years. Parris Island simply needs funding for a new barracks, which our Congressman and Congressional delegation are committed to providing.”

Continue Reading
 
 
Democracy is in peril. Invest in progressive news. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free. LEARN MORE