Quantcast
Connect with us

Bombshell investigation reveals how Trump’s secretary of labor helped billionaire Jeffrey Epstein hide his sex crimes

Published

on

President Donald Trump’s secretary of labor struck a highly unusual deal when he was Miami’s top federal prosecutor to go easy on the well-connected multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein — and keep his sex crimes largely concealed.

The 54-year-old Epstein — friends with both Trump and former president Bill Clinton — served just 13 months in county jail after pleading guilty to two prostitution-related charges in state court after his attorney made an agreement with then-prosecutor Alexander Acosta, reported the Miami Herald.

ADVERTISEMENT

Acosta essentially shut down an ongoing FBI probe into Epstein’s cult-like network of underage girls, which he recruited with the help of his victims and other teenage girls, after reaching a non-prosecution agreement with the Palm Beach billionaire’s defense lawyer.

That attorney, Jay Lefkowitz, was a former Acosta colleague at Washington law firm of Kirkland & Ellis.

Lefkowitz and Acosta reached the agreement over a breakfast meeting in October 2007 at the Marriott in West Palm Beach, rather than the prosecutor’s Miami offices, that allowed Epstein and four accomplices to receive immunity from all federal charges in exchange for guilty pleas to state charges.

Epstein faced a possible life prison sentence on a 53-page federal indictment.

The deal also granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators,” who were not identified — but potentially referred to other rich and influential individuals who took part in sex parties involving underage girls at Epstein’s homes and plane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Acosta also agreed, in a possible violation of federal law, not to reveal the agreement to Epstein’s victims.

That sealed agreement prevented any of the girls from showing up in court to stop its approval by a judge.

Epstein and his lead attorney, Jack Goldberger, declined to comment on the Herald’s investigative report, and he has invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination hundreds of times during two dozen lawsuits filed against him by his victims.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t think anyone has been told the truth about what Jeffrey Epstein did,” said one of Epstein’s victims, Michelle Licata, now 30. “He ruined my life and a lot of girls’ lives. People need to know what he did and why he wasn’t prosecuted so it never happens again.”

The Palm Beach police detective who directed the investigation said Epstein’s operation worked like a sexual pyramid scheme, and one of his victims told the newspaper that she sometimes brought girls to his mansion up to three times a day.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We didn’t know where the victims would ever end,” said Michael Reiter, the retired Palm Beach police chief who oversaw the case.

Acosta also declined to comment on the Herald report.

The 49-year-old Acosta oversees the country’s labor laws, including human trafficking, as Trump’s secretary of labor, and he has been mentioned as a possible replacement for former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who resigned under pressure earlier this month.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Franklin Graham tells Jeanine Pirro coronavirus pandemic is because of people sinning

Published

on

Franklin Graham blamed sinners for the COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic during a Saturday night appearance on Fox News.

Host Jeanine Pirro noted the growing death toll and wondered how God could let that happen.

"Well, I don't think it's God's plan for this to happen," Graham said.

"It's because of the sin that's in the world, judge," he argued.

"Man has turned his back on God, we have sinned against him, and we need to ask for God's forgiveness and that's what Easter's all about," he continued.

"This pandemic, this is the result of a fallen world that has turned its back on God," he added.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Drought causing water shortage amid coronavirus crisis in Chile

Published

on

With historically low river flows and reservoirs running dry due to drought, people in central Chile have found themselves particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus pandemic.

Years of resource exploitation and lax legislation have allowed most reservoirs in that part of the country to run dry.

"There are now 400,000 families, nearly 1.5 million people approximately, whose supply of 50 liters of water a day depends on tankers," Rodrigo Mundaca, spokesman for the Movement for the Defense of Water, the Earth and the Protection of the Environment, told AFP.

One of the main pieces of advice to protect people against coronavirus is to wash your hands regularly.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump warns of ‘tough week’ ahead — after the United States surpassed 300,000 coronavirus victims

Published

on

US President Donald Trump warned Americans on Saturday to brace for a "very horrendous" number of coronavirus deaths in the coming days as the total number of global fatalities from the pandemic soared past 60,000.

As confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States surpassed 300,000 with more than 8,300 deaths, there was some encouraging news in Italy and Spain.

Europe continues to bear the brunt of the epidemic, however, accounting for over 45,000 of the worldwide deaths, and Britain reported a new daily high in fatalities.

There are now more than 1.17 million confirmed coronavirus cases around the world and there have been 63,437 deaths since the virus emerged in China late last year.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image