Quantcast
Connect with us

Trump’s leaving Syria to cash in again on real estate deals in Russia and Turkey: MSNBC’s Morning Joe

Published

on

Joe Scarborough (MSNBC)

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough said President Donald Trump is running another money-making scam by pulling U.S. troops out of Syria, against the advice of Republican lawmakers and his own administration.

Trump announced Islamic State militants had been defeated, which he later walked back, and ordered the Pentagon to begin planning for a full withdrawal of American forces in the civil war-torn Middle Eastern nation.

ADVERTISEMENT

“This is the scariest thing,” said “Morning Joe” contributor Donny Deutsch. “He’s not beyond a ‘wag the dog’ (scenario). ‘Wag the Dog,’ of course, was a movie where a politician was in trouble and they created a fake war against Albania, and he’s doing the opposite right now.”

Deustch said the president’s baffling decision was intended as a diversion from the various investigations consuming his life’s work, as well as a string of political defeats.

“His latest production is an absurd lie that will end up possibly costing American lives,” he said. “We might be able to do a dotted line six years from now from a terrorist attack in this country that happened because we didn’t finish the job there.”

Scarborough said taking troops out of Syria was a “favor” to Russian president Vladimir Putin, who has already publicly expressed his approval, and Trump sold out Kurdish allies to Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who considers them terrorists.

“There are two Trump Towers in Turkey,” Scarborough said. “As we always say here, it’s not about foreign policy and it’s not about political money, it’s about his money.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Scarborough said the decision to leave Syria was part of Trump’s long con.

“I’ll say it again,” Scarborough said. “He’s not running for re-election. Everything he’s doing right now is to line his pockets two years from now.”

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Facebook

Trump teases he may not have a peaceful transfer of power if he loses

Published

on

President Donald Trump was aghast when he was asked in the presidential debates if he would agree to a peaceful transfer of power.

The moment in the debate came when he dodged the question for weeks, refusing to agree to the long-standing tradition of presidents handing over the reins to the next leader.

"Well, we'll have to see what happens," Trump told reporters during a White House news conference. "You know that."

After weeks of bad press about it, Trump said he would agree to it.

"They spied heavily on my campaign and they tried to take down a duly elected sitting president, and then they talk about 'will you accept a peaceful transfer?' And the answer is, yes, I will, but I want it to be an honest election and so does everybody else," Trump said, adding, "When I see thousands of ballots dumped in a garbage can and they happen to have my name on it, I'm not happy about it."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘Jarring’: PA Trump fans attack polls making so much noise poll workers couldn’t read instructions to voters

Published

on

One Pennsylvania polling place fell under a full out attack on those standing in line to vote and trying to cast a ballot on Saturday.

In a Twitter thread, Behavioral Economist Alex Imas explained that while he was casting his ballot on the outskirts of Philadelphia County, PA Saturday, a parade of semis and other cars surrounded the polling place, laying on their horns.

"I arrived just as polling place opened. Short line. Thought I'd be in and out in 20 minutes tops. Even w/ this short line, it took 2+ hours," he explained.

"Then the next Semi followed, then the 3rd," he continued. "A motorcade of semis, jeeps, and a few sedans drove down the road. All honking. All flying Trump 2020 flags. With people yelling out the window. This motorcade snaked around the polling place the entire time I was there (2 hrs)."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump gives 9/11 first responders back the $3.3 million he took from health fund: GOP Congressman

Published

on

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told Rep. Peter King (R-NY) announced that the 9/11 first responders would get the $3.3 million back that President Donald Trump stole from the program that helped them with medical treatments.

Those at the Twin Towers site in the days following the terrorist attacks breathed in a series of toxic gasses and asbestosis, leading them to have a slew of health problems years later. A fund was set up to ensure that those heroes were always taken care of for the rest of their lives as they suffered through their final years.

“It’s a great victory for really deserving people,” King told the New York Daily News Saturday. "I mean this just never should have happened, but we fought hard, we got it done."

Continue Reading
 
 
Democracy is in peril. Invest in progressive news. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free. LEARN MORE