Service in the Trump administration peeled off the cover from salaries paid to eight former Fox News contributors who went on to government jobs.
Cable news salaries are highly secretive, but Fox News contributors who left to serve in President Donald Trump’s administration were required to file financial disclosure forms that offer a peek into the network’s payroll, reported The Hollywood Reporter.
At least 10 former Fox News contributors have worked in the Trump administration, and the magazine obtained financial disclosure forms for eight of those current or former officials — who were paid an average of $141,000 by the conservative network.
Two current Trump administration officials — Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson and White House senior adviser for strategic communications Mercedes Schlapp — have served as Fox News contributors but did not disclose their TV salaries on the OGE Form 278e documents they filed.
Here are the salaries paid to current and former Trump administration officials who have also worked for Fox News, according to their financial disclosure documents:
• Bill Shine, former Trump communications director and ex-president of Fox News: $1.46 million
• John Bolton, national security adviser and former Fox News contributor: $569,423
• Heather Nauert, State Department spokesperson and former Fox News anchor: $485,000
• Scott Brown, ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa and former Fox News contributor: $175,000
• Anthony Scaramucci, briefly White House communications director and former Fox Business contributor: $88,461
• Richard Grenell, ambassador to Germany and former Fox News contributor: $80,000
• Tony Sayegh, spokesperson for the Treasury Department and former Fox News contributor: $72,851
• K.T. McFarland, former deputy national security adviser and former Fox News analyst: $63,518
• Georgette Mosbacher, ambassador to Poland and former Fox News contributor: $31,336
• Sebastian Gorka, former White House adviser and briefly a Fox News “counter-terrorism strategist”: $4,320 for one month