On Thursday's edition of CNN's "The Situation Room," former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe argued that the investigation by John Durham, started by former Attorney General William Barr to try to find basis for former President Donald Trump's belief the "Deep State" orchestrated the Russia probe, is going nowhere.
Durham, a Trump-era DOJ official, has been working on the probe for over a year and has so far only made one indictment for false statements against a lawyer who allegedly misrepresented to the FBI that he was giving information on Russia on behalf of Democratic clients.
"The special counsel John Durham today issued new subpoenas in his probe, which has been going on for a couple of years, of the FBI's Russia investigation," said anchor Wolf Blitzer. "Is this the action of a special counsel who after, once again, two years of investigating, has found essentially not much, at least not yet?"
"Well, that's absolutely right," said McCabe. "There's really very little here relevant to what he supposedly was hired to investigate. He's getting pretty far afield from the FBI. In fact, the recent indictment and these subpoenas really hold the FBI more in the position of victim rather than subject of an investigation. So it's a bizarre turn of events, and it's one that I'm sure is disappointing a lot of Republicans."
Andrew McCabe says Durham investigation could be "disappointing" to Republicans www.youtube.com