'People will be shocked': Michael Cohen teases fireworks as he buries hatchet with Trump
NEW YORK CITY - APRIL 16 2018: Donald Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen & adult film star, Stormy Daniels appeared in federal court in Lower Manhattan. Michael Cohen leaves court after hearing. (Photo credit: a katz / Shutterstock)

Michael Cohen, the former fixer who once vowed to "take a bullet" for Donald Trump before helping to convict him, has done the once-unthinkable: he sat down and interviewed the president.

Cohen spoke with Trump by phone for roughly 40 minutes Thursday morning, with portions set to air that evening on his 77WABC radio show, "When You Know, You Know," and the rest on Sunday. It is, Cohen said, "the first public conversation between the president and myself in eight years."

And he is promising fireworks.

"There are things that he said to me that I have never heard before, it was a great interview, and people will be shocked when they hear it," Cohen told NBC News.

The reunion caps one of the most bitter breakups in modern politics.

Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to tax evasion and campaign-finance crimes tied to hush-money payments to women who alleged affairs with Trump, served three years, and became the star witness whose testimony helped convict Trump on 34 felony counts in 2024. For years afterward, Cohen called his old boss "a cheat, a liar, a fraud" and worse, while Trump branded him a "rat."

Cohen now casts the thaw as forgiveness.

"We rekindled our relationship because of a shared experience of betrayal," he said earlier this year, adding that "the ice between us, it didn't just melt, it broke."

Trump has leaned on Cohen's recent claims that he felt pressured to testify as he appeals his conviction, and Cohen's WABC home is owned by Trump ally John Catsimatidis.