On Saturday, the Huffington Post reported that a Georgia teenager and his father are begging a judge for mercy after he became the youngest person charged in connection with the invasion of the U.S. Capitol in January.
"Bruno Cua, his father said, 'parroted stuff from other leaders on social media and leaders ― like the president ― or the attorneys like Lin Wood and all these people saying 'We have all this information and everything's gonna come out,'" reported Ryan Reilly. "'I myself feel pretty embarrassed that I think a lot of us felt like this happened and we believed these people and be disillusioned that there was no big reveal, and nothing came out. It's disillusioning, disheartening and embarrassing, quite frankly,' Joseph Cua said. He added that he was 'embarrassed that we drank in a lot of this rhetoric from so-called leaders that just never materialized.'"
The younger Cua told his followers to come attack the Capitol with him on the right-wing alternative social network Parler, writing, "President Trump is calling us to FIGHT! This isn't a joke, this is where and when we make our stand."
He was arrested earlier this month on charges of assault on a federal officer, civil disorder, and obstruction of an official proceeding. Security footage showed him roaming the halls of the Capitol with a baton, which his father admitted he knew his son had brought.
Dozens of Trump rioters all over the country are facing state and federal charges for their role in the riot. A number of them appear to have never even considered they'd be prosecuted for what they were doing, with one businesswoman in Texas begging a judge to let her take a pre-planned company retreat to Mexico.