Pandagon is daily opinion blog covering feminism, politics, and pop culture. Come for the politics, stay for the complete lack of patience for the B.S. and bad faith coming from conservative leaders and pundits.
A World Cup sans Messi, Ronaldo and other thoughts
Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!
Just thinkin’ …
- We are currently living in a world where there’s a chance that Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo won’t be playing in the World Cup. If that happens, the Mayans were right and you can expect a rapture soon.
- And like him or not, Ronaldo is currently on pace to score about 230 goals this campaign with Real Madrid.
- Good timing: South Africa announces a drop in murder rates. It’s like the whole nation is coming together.
- Man City and Man United was one hell of a game. Here’s the thing tho – City nearly survived away from home without Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz and Robinho. Imagine United doing that without Rooney.
- Early results in the Samuel Eto’o for Zlatan Ibrahimovi? see an advantage for Barcelona. But there’s a ways to go yet.
- One of these days, I’d like to feel the same excitement that Filippo Inzaghi does after he scores a goal.
- Yes, Brazilian great Romario is a Socialist. But hey, it’s Brazil, you can’t walk down the street without tripping over a communist.
- Geovanni is about to finally get a secure home at Hull City. Yet another former Cruzeiro player thriving in Europe.