Quantcast
Connect with us

Gretchen Carlson says Roger Ailes sexually harassed her in ‘between 6 and 10’ meetings

Published

on

Former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson said that the sexual harassment she experienced at the hands of CEO Roger Ailes was “continuous” in an interview with the New York Times.

The former Fox & Friends co-host said that there were “between six and 10” meetings in which she discussed harassment with him and he “talked about her body.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Everyone knew how powerful Roger Ailes was,” she said. “I certainly felt intimidated by that. The culture of Fox and Friends was intimidating to me.”

Carlson filed suit against Ailes last week saying that, he told her at one point, “I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago.”

Fox spokesperson Irena Briganti told the Times that Carlson “never filed a formal complaint about sexual harassment to the H.R. department or to the legal department,” an allegation that was rejected by Carlson’s lawyer, Nancy Erika Smith.

“We are not going to try the case here,” said Smith, who was present during Carlson’s interview with the Times. “Yes, she made a complaint, and to whom and in what format, that’s something that will come out at trial.”

ADVERTISEMENT

While Carlson’s legal team has said that more than 10 other women have contacted them since the suit was filed, former colleagues like Harris Faulkner and Martha MacCallum have come to Ailes’ defense.

“They’re still being paid by Fox,” said Carlson. She also addressed speculation that she tried to convey her frustration during her on-air career.

“A lot has been said that I’ve been sending signals and signs on occasion,” she said. “That’s true. I was sending a signal about how I felt.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Ailes, who has filed a motion calling for the case to be settled by an arbitrator, has said that it was Carlson’s low ratings for her solo show — and not her refusal to have an affair with him — that spurred her firing.

But Carlson said ratings were not brought up at all when she was informed that her contract would not be renewed.

“It was cold and calculating,” she recalled. “It took 30 seconds, there was no ‘Thank you for your service of 11 years,’ and there was absolutely no discussion of ratings.”

ADVERTISEMENT

[h/t Media Matters]


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘Stand with Hong Kong’ shirts fill the stands at Nets game as NBA is protested for China subservience

Published

on

The National Basketball Association was protested on Friday for bowing to pressure from China.

The NBA has been harshly criticized for standing by the oppressive regime instead of standing in solidarity with the pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.

"Producer and activist Andrew Duncan bought 300 tickets to tonight's Nets vs Raptors game and is hosting hundreds of Chinese pro-Democracy activists to protest the NBA," New York magazine correspondent Yashar Ali reported Friday. "They're all wearing 'Stand With Hong Kong' T-shirts."

Photos from the protest:

1. Producer and activist Andrew Duncan bought 300 tickets to tonight's Nets vs Raptors game and is hosting hundreds of Chinese pro-Democracy activists to protest the NBA.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump polling close friends over whether he should fire Mulvaney: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump is considering firing Mick Mulvaney, his acting White House chief of staff and director of the Office of Management and Budget, The Atlantic reported Friday.

"Mick Mulvaney's job was in danger even before his disastrous press conference yesterday, and his equally disastrous attempt to walk that performance back," The Atlantic reported. "The fumble could not have been more poorly timed: According to multiple current and former White House officials, many of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to relay private conversations, Trump has been steadily souring on Mulvaney for weeks."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Michael Moore predicts Mick Mulvaney will get into Heaven after confessing Trump’s quid pro quo

Published

on

Academy Award-winning filmmaker Michael Moore predicted acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney will ascend to Heaven in the afterlife during a Friday interview on MSNBC's "The Beat" with Ari Melber.

The host played a clip of Mulvaney admitting Trump's quid pro quo while seeking foreign election assistance from Ukraine.

"This man obviously is going to be admitted into Heaven," Moore said. "You know, he told the truth."

"If there was a movie version of this, somebody stuck him with a needle just before he walked out onto the stage there, a truth serum needle, and he just went on and on saying, 'Yeah, that’s what we do. Yeah, of course.' Essentially admitting there is a quid pro quo. In fact, there are many quid pro quos."

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image