Quantcast
Connect with us

Kellyanne Conway has Twitter tantrum against media for calling BS on ‘Bowling Green Massacre’

Published

on

Kellyanne Conway is still getting mocked for citing a fictitious massacre in Bowling Green, Ken., to justify President Donald Trump’s travel ban on seven Muslim-majority countries.

Conway decided to shoot back at her media critics on Friday morning by sending out a series of tweets that defended the basic premise of her argument, while also acknowledging that there was never a terrorist attack in Bowling Green.

ADVERTISEMENT

“On Hardballan old ABC News report, I meant to say ‘Bowling Green terrorists,'” Conway said, before linking to about an FBI investigation into refugees living in Bowling Green who were suspected of having terrorist ties.

The FBI in 2013 decided to investigate whether “dozens” of terrorists had inadvertently been let into the United States while posing as Iraqi refugees. The FBI began the investigation after it was revealed that two Iraqi refugees in Bowling Green were caught sending money to fund al Qaeda in Iraq to use in the terrorist group’s fight against the American military.

As Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale points out, however, the FBI investigation didn’t turn up any additional terrorists posing as refugees, despite fears that several more had been mistakenly let into the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nonetheless, Conway decided that this vindicated her, and she called out a reporter on The Today Show who criticized her for falsely describing the incident as a “massacre.”

ADVERTISEMENT

She then went on to praise herself for showing “class” and “grace” in dealing with reporters who make mistakes, whereas most reporters publicly mock her when she makes mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

House Dems subpoena top Pompeo aides in probe of fired inspector general

Published

on

Continue Reading

2020 Election

‘Disaster and disgrace’: Regretful Trump voter disgusted by his handling of COVID-19 and race relations

Published

on

Joe Biden has opened a four-point lead over President Donald Trump in Ohio, which the Republican won by twice that margin four years ago.

A survey conducted by Your Voice Ohio found the Democratic candidate leading Trump by 46-42, and Biden seems to be peeling off some of the president's past supporters in the state, reported the Columbus Dispatch.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

White House suddenly orders ‘mandatory’ COVID-19 testing for presidential staff

Published

on

White House employees will now be subject to mandatory testing for COVID-19, an official said on Monday.

In a statement to CNN's Jim Acosta, the unnamed White House official said that staffers working near President Donald Trump would be forced to undergo randomized testing.

"As part of our ongoing efforts to protect the health and safety of the entire White House Complex, randomized testing of Executive Office of the President staff, which has been ongoing for several months, will become mandatory rather than voluntary," the official said.

White House employees reportedly received an email Monday morning with a stern warning.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image