Quantcast
Connect with us

Arizona man gives up his firearms after Las Vegas massacre — and now gun nuts want him dead

Published

on

Jonathan Pring and Phoenix police officer (Facebook)

A Phoenix man who gave up his guns after the Las Vegas massacre has been targeted by death threats from angry gun owners.

Jonathan Pring shared photos of himself handing over his firearms to a police officer in the living room of his home, and the Facebook post went viral, reported KPNX-TV.

Pring, a dual British-American citizen, said he called the police department’s non-emergency number and asked to surrender his weapons after a gunman killed 58 people and wounded 498 more.

ADVERTISEMENT

He told the TV station the mass shooting caused him to rethink his priorities.

“I will miss my guns,” Pring wrote in the post. “I enjoyed taking them to the range and doing Rambo poses in front of the mirror. I paid a lot of money for them. However, if I was to write down the 10 most important things in my life the guns wouldn’t make the list.”

He urged other gun owners to do the same, and he later told KSAZ-TV that “the easiest way to stop mass shootings from happening in America is to take guns away from civilians.”

The Facebook post was shared thousands of times, by mostly supporters at first — but then things got “quite scary,” he said.

Pring said the comments became overwhelmingly negative as they picked up pace, and he received enough violent threats that he removed the post and left home with his wife and son.

ADVERTISEMENT

Pring said he could have pawned the guns for a few thousand dollars, but he hoped to inspire others by giving them up.

“We can do something about the guns, we can just get rid of them — it’s that easy,” said Pring.

Even though Pring’s post was deleted, a number of Facebook users are continuing to spread screen shots of the original — along with his home address and threatening comments.

ADVERTISEMENT

“HES UNARMED AND WANTS YOU TO SHOW HIS WIFE A GOOD TIME WHILE HE WATCHES!!!!” wrote one Facebook user, in a post still online Friday morning.

Gun-loving Facebook users insisted Pring had bought the weapons the morning he gave them up, and disputed their relative firepower and effectiveness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Others offered to buy him one-way tickets to Chicago, where they believed he would encounter gun violence.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

2020 Election

Fox News floats conspiracy theory that Biden is using listening devices at Tuesday’s debate

Published

on

Fox News reported that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden may be planning to use listening devices during Tuesday night's debate.

During a discussion with Fox News anchor Bret Baier, host Bill Hemmer relayed information from one of his colleagues, which was likely planted by the Trump campaign.

"The Trump team asked to inspect the ears of each debater for electronic devices or transmitters," Hemmer announced. "The Biden team has not consented to that."

"The Biden team wanted a break every 30 minutes, the Trump team said we will not have that," he added.

Watch the video clip below.

Continue Reading

2020 Election

Children of Missouri Republican say he molested them when they were young

Published

on

The children of a Missouri Republican are telling voters that their father molested them when they were children, they said in the Kansas City Star.

Rick Roeber is running to replace his wife Rebecca, who passed away last year, but his adult children from a previous marriage are coming forward to tell voters about their abuse from him.

Roeber's adopted daughter Anastasia recalled the sexual advances he made toward her when she was just 9 years old.

Continue Reading
 

2020 Election

Trump spokesperson resorts to insulting CNN host in off-the-rails interview over president’s tax scandal

Published

on

A CNN interview with Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh quickly turned into a shouting match after host Jim Sciutto peppered him with questions about the president's federal tax avoidance that was comprehensively covered in a New York Times report.

Ostensibly brought on to discuss Tuesday night's debate between Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden, Sciutto attempted to get answers from Murtaugh to questions his colleague Poppy Harlow couldn't get a Trump White House spokesperson to answer on Monday in an equally contentious interview.

Continue Reading
 
 
Democracy is in peril. Invest in progressive news. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free. LEARN MORE