Quantcast
Connect with us

CNN’s Chris Cuomo destroys Mick Mulvaney for caring more about Trump’s feelings than Puerto Rico suffering

Published

on

The White House budget director went on CNN to complain about negative coverage of President Donald Trump’s visit to Puerto Rico — and “New Day” host Chris Cuomo scolded his petty obsession.

The president himself tweeted out a complaint about “fake news” coverage of his widely criticized visit to the devastated U.S. territory, and budget director Mick Mulvaney backed Trump’s comments.

ADVERTISEMENT

“All y’all show is the bad stuff,” Mulvaney said. “We spent several hours on the island (Tuesday) afternoon, (and) we got a chance, for example, to be briefed by the Army Corps of Engineers, the folks working on the electrical grid and all the work that they are doing, on everything that is going right — and by the way, some of the efforts down there are absolutely fantastic.”

Mulvaney asked the media to balance negative coverage with praise — but Cuomo called him out as self-serving and claimed the president’s comments caused Americans to doubt how badly Puerto Rico needs help.

“The need is real, that’s not just the ‘bad stuff,'” Cuomo said. “It’s the reality, Mick.”

Mulvaney agreed that Puerto Rico had been devastated, but then he issued a series of specific complaints about CNN coverage of the disaster and insisted the White House had taken charge of relief efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s just not true,” Cuomo said. “Mick, it’s just not true.”

Cuomo objected to Mulvaney’s suggestion that CNN was purposefully tilting its coverage against Trump to make the president look bad.

“Not only is it baseless, but it is just an insult to the situation,” Cuomo said. “When there are people coming up to you on the streets, begging for help, you don’t say, ‘Well, you know, things aren’t as bad as you think, my friend.'”

ADVERTISEMENT

He scolded the White House official for taking reports about Puerto Rico’s suffering as a personal insult against the president.

“It’s not being done to you, Mick, (or) to the president to embarrass you, it’s just being able to reinforce the need,” Cuomo added. “Whatever’s being done, it’s not enough, Mick — and if you don’t know that now, you’re never going to know it. I have to believe you understand the reality.”

Mulvaney acted as if he’d made his point to Cuomo, who responded in shocked silence for a long moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The good news is, you’re going to do a better job going forward and we appreciate that,” Mulvaney said.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump supporter flattened for pushing debunked Biden smear: This is what ‘happens in a banana republic’

Published

on

Appearing on MSNBC early Sunday morning, a supporter of Donald Trump attempted to push the debunked smear of Joe Biden and his son only to have a critic of the president explain to him that he should be outraged at Trump for once again seeking foreign interference in U.S. elections.

Running a clip of the former vice president firing back at Trump and telling reporters they need to ask the right questions, host Philip Mena asked Liberty Government Affairs founder Brian Darling what he thought of Biden pushing back.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Kellyanne Conway lashes out at Democratic voters as ‘racist and sexist’ at Ohio GOP dinner

Published

on

Making an appearance at a Republican Party dinner in Columbus, Ohio, Kellyanne Conway accused Democratic voters of being "racist and sexist," in a diatribe as she tried to boost the fortunes of her boss, President Donald Trump.

According to a report from Cincinnati.com, Conway attacked the leading Democratic presidential nominees before making her claim.

“Their top three candidates are white, career politicians in their 60s and 70s, which I have nothing against except they (Democrats) certainly do,” Conway reportedly told the crowd. “I don’t know why the heck the Democratic party electorate is so racist and sexist. I can’t figure it out.”

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Betsy DeVos’ DOE threatens to cut university funding for positive portrayal of Islam

Published

on

The U.S Department of Education threatened to pull federal funding from a Middle East studies course jointly run by Duke University and the University of North Carolina because it portrays Islam too positively.

The DOE ordered the universities to change their program or lose its federal grant money. In a letter to UNC, the department criticized the program, arguing that topics like Iranian art and film have “little or no relevance” to the Middle East studies program. The letter also argues that the program “appears to lack balance” because its programs are not focused on the discrimination faced by “religious minorities in the Middle East," including Christians and Jews.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Investigate and Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image