Quantcast
Connect with us

Ex-cop may serve just 9 months for violently raping two boys and warning: ‘I am the law’

Published

on

David Turkos (WNEP)

A former Pennsylvania police officer will serve no more than two years — and possibly less than one — for allegedly raping two boys and threatening to kill them.

David Turkos, a former Dupont police officer, accepted a plea agreement in June on misdemeanor charges after prosecutors charged him with violently raping two brothers over a seven-year period, reported the Times Leader.

ADVERTISEMENT

The 45-year-old Turkos was charged in 2015 with three counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child, two counts of indecent assault and a count of simple assault

He agreed to plead guilty to two counts of corruption of minors, and he was sentenced Friday to nine to 23 months at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.

Turkos must also serve five years of probation after he’s released from prison, where he will be immediately eligible for work release.

He was ordered to have no contact with his victims and have no unsupervised contact with children without court approval, and he must continue to receive anger management treatment and undergo sexual offender evaluations.

His two victims came forward as teenagers and told police that Turkos began sexually abusing them in 2001, when they were 6 and 4 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT

They told police Turkos threatened to hurt their mother and pets or take away their toys if they revealed the abuse.

One of the boys told police that Turkos choked him and used zip ties to restrain him during the abuse, and investigators said the former police officer held a hand over his mouth to muffle his screams.

“I hope you die — you’re a piece of crap,” Turkos told one of the boys, according to police.

ADVERTISEMENT

The older boy testified during an April 2016 hearing that Turkos frequently pointed his gun at the brothers to frighten them, sometimes while on duty.

Joseph Turkos, the former officer’s father, also admitted to a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors in August 2014 after he was charged with sexually assaulting one of the same boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

The elder Turkos was sentenced to three months to five years in state prison.

The abuse came to light after an older sibling saw the older boy perform a sex act on his brother, who was 9.

David Turkos pleaded guilty to the same misdemeanor charge in 2010 and was sentenced to six to 12 months in county jail after he was accused of masturbating in front of three boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

He was previously sentenced to six months of probation in 2008 for assaulting his stepson and ex-wife, whose arm was broken in the attack.

“You can’t do anything — I am the law,” Turkos told the woman, according to court documents.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘No question’ Trump and daughter Ivanka could face jail time for tax fraud after leaving White House, says legal expert

Published

on

Both President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka are liable to face jail time due to tax fraud should the president lose his reelection bid in November, a former Watergate prosecutor told CNN on Tuesday.

Nick Akerman, who investigated former President Richard Nixon's tax activities as part of the Watergate investigation, told anchor Erin Burnett that Nixon was a "rookie amateur" compared to Trump's maneuvers which allowed him to pay no federal income taxes for at least 11 years and just $750 in 2016 and 2017.

While the New York Times gave its bombshell story about Trump's tax records from the past two decades a headline referring to his "tax avoidance," Akerman said the article actually describes several instances of tax fraud that both the president and his eldest daughter participated in.

Continue Reading

2020 Election

Trump supporters expect the election to be over before bedtime Nov. 3 — and are bracing for violence

Published

on

President Donald Trump is behind in the polls nationally and in most battleground states, but many of his supporters are sure only fraud can sink him.

The president himself has been stoking conspiracies about fraudulent ballots, and his supporters believe he would be justified in challenging a losing result and are already blaming Trump's opponents for any violence that might break out, reported the New York Times.

Continue Reading
 

2020 Election

Biden campaign mocks Trump teams’s earpiece conspiracy: They asked Chris Wallace to ‘never mention’ COVID deaths

Published

on

Biden campaign deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield on Tuesday claimed that President Donald Trump's team asked debate moderator Chris Wallace not to mention the number of people who have died from COVID-19 during his presidency.

Bedingfield revealed the detail of debate negotiations after the Trump campaign reportedly demanded that Democratic candidate Joe Biden's ears be inspected for listening devices, a conspiracy theory that was quickly repeated on Fox News.

Continue Reading
 
 
Democracy is in peril. Invest in progressive news. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free. LEARN MORE