Quantcast
Connect with us

MSNBC guest launches all time destruction of Fox News and guest over ‘cotton-picking mind’ slur

Published

on

Appearing on MSNBC on Sunday afternoon, a Democratic strategist rained holy hell on one of President Donald Trump’s close advisers for using the expression “you’re out of your cotton-picking mind” when arguing with a black guest on Fox News earlier in the morning.

Speaking with host Richard Lui, Don Calloway was clearly appalled by the racist slur.

“There’s been a lot of talk after that interview that you probably have seen that the use of that term — that racially offensive term, ‘cotton-picking’ that was used for that African-American guest,” host Liu said after running the Fox News clip. “How should we take this? What did you see in that exchange?”

“This is the worst of the worst, Richard,” Calloway tersely replied. “Let’s be clear: I do a lot of Fox News. As a matter of fact, they called me to do the segment that the gentleman did this morning — that very easily could have been me.”

“There’s no excuse,” he continued as he heated up. “Fox News has intentionally fostered and festered and been allowed to cultivate a culture of pure racism. We’re beyond calling it dog whistles or rhetoric — it’s racial: ‘cotton-picking.’ You know what? I’m from Alabama and my people picked cotton so I could have the opportunity to sit here in a suit and talk about politics.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Forgive me because I’m not comporting myself as professionally as I would like to right now, but this is so far beyond the pale of anything that we should find acceptable in the American discourse today,” he lectured. “I just — there’s no excuse, there’s just no excuse for Fox News. There’s no excuse for these milquetoast Republicans, along the rank and file of elected office who lead people in this country, not completely repudiating this nonsense.”

“Yes, my people picked cotton and I’m very proud of it because me and my son don’t have to because they did. Shame on Bossie and shame on President Trump! I’m sorry, Richard, I’ve got nothing, man–  it’s unbelievable,” he concluded .

Watch the video below via MSNBC:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Facebook

Former federal prosecutor says Southern District of New York may be waiting to indict Trump when he’s out of office

Published

on

Former federal prosecutor Glen Kirschner explained why the Southern District of New York might be holding back on the campaign finance charges against Michael Cohen.

President Donald Trump signed multiple hush-money payments as president of the United States.

Kirschner said that he reread Judge William Pauley's orders from Wednesday to understand what the Southern District of New York prosecutors said about the documents being sealed or not.

Pauley said that the "government represents that it has concluded aspects of the investigation that justified the continued sealing of the portions of the materials related to Cohen's campaign finance violations."

Continue Reading

Facebook

Draft-dodging Trump tells Americans ‘If people don’t want to fight for our country they can leave’

Published

on

President Donald Trump spoke to the press outside the White House Wednesday on his way to North Carolina telling those complaining about him to "leave."

"If people want to leave our country, they can," Trump said. "If they don't want to love our country, if they don't want to fight for our country, they can [leave]. I'll never change on that, no."

It's an ironic statement from Trump because his father was able to get a doctor to diagnose him with bone spurs that prevented him from being able to go to war in Vietnam. Former Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey accused Trump of lying and dodging the draft with a fake diagnosis.

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

Criminal sexual assault charges against Kevin Spacey dropped

Published

on

The criminal sexual assault charges against actor Kevin Spacey have been dropped in a case filed by a Massachusetts district attorney. The case involved an 18-year old young man who alleged Spacey groped him in a bar in Nantucket.

"During a July 8 court hearing, the accuser decided to invoke the Fifth Amendment after being pressed by Spacey's attorney about a missing cellphone containing messages that may be relevant to the case," ABC affiliate WCVB reports.

Continue Reading
 
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

Enjoy Summer! Try Raw Story Ad-Free for $1. Invest in Progressive Journalism.
close-image